Small, smaller, smallest. Irrelevant shit.

BigFatCoward

Do y’all feel like the whole world is hitting rock bottom all at the same time? Both as a collection of individuals and as an institution? It certainly feels like that to me. Or because I am, maybe I see everything through those lenses? We should all have zoom apocalypse party and get drunk. 

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Do y’all feel like the whole world is hitting rock bottom all at the same time? Both as a collection of individuals and as an institution? It certainly feels like that to me. Or because I am, maybe I see everything through those lenses? We should all have zoom apocalypse party and get drunk. 

I feel this 100%, could be the same problem you're having though 

16 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

It's like flooding the zone has become some giant monster set out to destroy the world. Everything everywhere is crashing all at once. I genuinely don't get why people feel optimistic about the future, especially when the likelihood of conflict across the globe seems increasingly inevitable as we fight over scarce resources while untold millions get displaced from the collapse of our climate. 

On 7/11/2022 at 2:41 AM, RhaenysBee said:

We should all have zoom apocalypse party and get drunk. 

I'm down, but my poison of choice will be different.  

---

To the OT: my eldest daughter [14] just this morning confessed [because she'd been caught] to an evening of drinking and pot. I don't know why that was a conversation I wasn't quite expecting yet, but there it is lol 

1 hour ago, JGP said:

To the OT: my eldest daughter [14] just this morning confessed [because she'd been caught] to an evening of drinking and pot. I don't know why that was a conversation I wasn't quite expecting yet, but there it is lol

I started around 12, then a lot of my class started freshman year when they were 14.  So, obviously I should never be a parent, but if I was I wouldn't be worried about that being too early.  Then again, this was meant to be reassuring by saying I turned out fine, but, well....

Anyway, I'm totally down for Zoompocalypse!  The time zones might get tricky, but whatever works for everybody else, I'm happy to get fucked up at any time.

7 minutes ago, DMC said:

I started around 12, then a lot of my class started freshman year when they were 14.  So, obviously I should never be a parent, but if I was I wouldn't be worried about that being too early.  Then again, this was meant to be reassuring by saying I turned out fine, but, well....

I started around 14, and I have a veritable cornucopia of poor choices and subsequent consequences to pour out the unwilling ears of my daughters. I should've expected it, honestly, but maybe we're never ready lol 

Couldn't sleep, still can't, and went for an insomniac twenty-minute walk downhill as far as the student pub zone. Everywhere was closed, and the last few patrons, two young men and a woman, were about to head home. Said one of the boys to the other in a ringing voice that carried easily over thirty metres: "I just wanted to take all the chairs away and tell her to sit on my face. Fucking hell, man, she was so hot." 

If I'm ever dumb enough to buy a flat in an area with nightlife, I hope it has triple glazing. 

3 hours ago, JGP said:

I actually think this topic deserves a separate thread. There's a lot to touch on and you'll get all kinds of different perspectives.

Funny how 14 seems to be the common age. I first smoked and got drunk as a freshman and was a regular user by my junior year, maybe earlier depending on how you want to define that. Just like my dad too. Probably best to be honest and preach the importance of moderation and judgement while impaired. 

17 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I actually think this topic deserves a separate thread. There's a lot to touch on and you'll get all kinds of different perspectives.

Probably.

The differences between our daughters are pretty stark. They both have a promising empathy, so something there. Their individual gifts. I love them both fiercely. And their friendship has suffered lately.

L [my eldest] is pretty chill. She's artistic, better than I was at her age. She's learned discipline with school. She just wants to get out there. Got accepted as a volunteer, looking for a part time job. One scare with her but it appears dealt with. T [my youngest] has a bit of resentment that L and I have other things to relate to because we're much alike. That T is also frustrated we don't like the things she likes is almost another thing. She also resents being youngest, and [whew] and, when her blood is up she's the tip of a knife I swear. Comes at us like a lawyer that's going to push it lol 

She's sharp and if she finds out will also make me eat crow, weaponizing that in a minute, and I'll eat it because in a sense she's not wrong. We did go light on L. But L's situation is a letting go with guidance thing too. T is armed in many ways but that complication won't be made square until she's a little older. So clearly this secret must be kept, as long as possible. T will have her turn at experimenting and this would be a good chit for that.

Best case scenario. 

Went to the dentist for routine tooth cleaning this morning and found out I needed to get a filling replaced. When I got home, the new filling chipped off when I ate lunch. So I have to go back tomorrow.

Edit: Went back and got it fixed. Then when I got home it chipped again. I'm tired of this.

The weather has been quite pleasabt this week, and I was able to keep the flat at a fair 24C temperature, so I made a cherry pie. It came out beautiful and sparked some semblance of joy in me. 

of course making a pie now costs 6000ish plummeting Eastern European money, which is just a tad too much for a spark of near joy. Well I suppose it is time to see if I can prepare a decent bread pudding, water pie or depression cake. 

On 7/7/2022 at 8:20 PM, A True Kaniggit said:

9 days later and I am still waiting on a reply from USAA for our problem. 

Last week I tried to withdraw money from an ATM. But the ATM did not spit out any money. The damn thing glitched. So of course I called the bank and disputed the transaction, since my checking account had been charged. 

It’ll be super irritating if I don’t get my $140 back. 

If we let the machines get away with robbing us, next thing you know they’ll be murdering us. 

Ugh. Still no resolution. The money was not withdrawn. The ATM glitched. Give me my cash. 

On 7/13/2022 at 12:35 AM, Tywin et al. said:

I'll respond in full tomorrow, and yes, make a separate thread. 

I'm a bit past buzzed and just locked in my 75th straight correct Wordle in a row. :pimp:

Can you give me a link to the thread? I can’t find it. 

Archived