Small, smaller, smallest. Irrelevant shit.

BigFatCoward

On 7/13/2022 at 8:25 AM, Gigei said:

Went to the dentist for routine tooth cleaning this morning and found out I needed to get a filling replaced. When I got home, the new filling chipped off when I ate lunch. So I have to go back tomorrow.

Edit: Went back and got it fixed. Then when I got home it chipped again. I'm tired of this.

Had the same prob with one of my fillings. Eventually told the dentist to use a composite filling there (despite the extra cost). That solved that issue.

"Wow I'm shocked how well I'm coping with this heat!" I thought as I wandered into the coffee shop, where I proceeded to try and pay three times for my drink with a Nectar card, a clubcard, and a used metro ticket. Shortly after this, i passed out.

Stay safe out there!

(Feel free to chuckle, i'm all good now and its one of those could have been terrible but in hindsight its funny stories)

HelenaExMachinak said:   

Stay safe out there!

(Feel free to chuckle, i'm all good now and its one of those could have beenterrible but in hindsight its funny stories)

Glad to hear you have recovered well your little dehydration escapade.

Did you know that water is portable?   :leaving:

We’ll have 42C on Saturday. This is the first time in my life that I ever said this, including Mediterranean or tropical holidays. I have never experienced 42C. It’s surreal. What do you even wear to an apocalypse party when it’s 40+c? 

15 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

We’ll have 42C on Saturday. This is the first time in my life that I ever said this, including Mediterranean or tropical holidays. I have never experienced 42C. It’s surreal. What do you even wear to an apocalypse party when it’s 40+c? 

Sandals, shorts and a tank top. If you're out in the sun wear a wide brimmed hat and sun block if available.  Booze is dehydrating so drink it moderately.  Stay in the shade as much as possible and fan yourself.  Have fun!

Meh, hottest day of the year.

Decided after my visiting my dad today, that I could play one of the pleminary rounds of the Open Chess Cup for the first time in twenty years or so (man, I have grown old).

Basically, all the clubs that want to host prelimary rounds can do so. No entry fee. Rating wise I didn't have to play the first preliminary round, thus I could just play the second round at any club of my choosing. I more or less spontanously decided that the Wednesday round at that club would kinda make sense, if I decided to play. Like I said, I did visit my dad today, and the club in quesiton was relatively close by (20 mins public transport or so). So I could be there 30-40 minutes before the games kick off. Their club isn't that strong, so I assumed I could get a relatively easy opponent and then see where I play the third and final preliminary, before things get a bit more heated. In addition, it was a freaking hot day, so who in their right mind would spend three hours in the evening in a sticky room? So pretty solid assumption for an opportunistic chancer.

Little did I expect to run into relatively stiff compeition. Black pieces against a higher rated opponent. Fun game, not so fun result. Let's try this again in twenty years. 

13 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Today I experienced one of the smallest joys in life, when a place you stopped ordering from because they no longer sold the one thing you bought from them brought it back. :drool:

Sadly, the grind-your-own honey roasted peanut butter station at my local Albertsons has not returned post Covid.  I fear the worst.  

Hottest day of the year - allegedly. It’s still bearable on the terrace because there’s so much foliage that it’s completely shaded all day. There’s also breeze which makes it a lot better than yesterday’s or the day before. I don’t know if it will climb up to 40 after all, we will see I guess. It didn’t yesterday. I need a no heat lunch idea now. 

My day has gone from bad to manageable. I woke up just before 6 am from the sound of the tornado warning alert on my phone. I shot up out of bed and hid in the bathroom while the storm was raging. Thankfully the tornado just missed us. Then the power went out. On a day that's with temps in the mid 90s and the heat index around 100. Yeah. But thankfully the power came back on around 2:30 so I don't have to go to my Aunt's house to shower and I can go to my cousin's sweet 16 birthday today. 

Archived