Small, smaller, smallest. Irrelevant shit.

BigFatCoward

7 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

But thankfully the power came back on around 2:30 s

Thank goodness indeed!  And that the tornado spared you and your home! :)

On 7/22/2022 at 12:39 AM, Tywin et al. said:

Today I experienced one of the smallest joys in life, when a place you stopped ordering from because they no longer sold the one thing you bought from them brought it back. :drool:

Hey Ty! I did today’s Wordle in one line! How’d you do?

A question for Americans: what’s up with all the camo clothing? I was in Walmart yesterday and holy crap, camo t-shirts, camo pants, camo joggers, camo hoodies, camo pajamas. Camo exercise clothing.

Everyone want to hide better if a gunman comes? Camo clothing was always out there, especially in the fall for hunters, but there is so much of it now. Even seeing lots of stuff at Costco.

3 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

A question for Americans: what’s up with all the camo clothing? I was in Walmart yesterday and holy crap, camo t-shirts, camo pants, camo joggers, camo hoodies, camo pajamas. Camo exercise clothing.

Everyone want to hide better if a gunman comes? Camo clothing was always out there, especially in the fall for hunters, but there is so much of it now. Even seeing lots of stuff at Costco.

Hunters in Canada need to wear orange not camo. I never could see the point of camo clothing.

27 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I hate camo clothing and other camo stuff.  Why so popular?  I don't know.   :dunno:

Everyone pretending they are Top Gun, Mad Max, some kind of Really Heavy Duty Balls SOOOOOOOOOOO Heavy Superdooper marine or shyte like that.  Don't Mess Wit' ME!  You know, armed like the 400 cops showing up in Uvalde to stand around doing nothing but look at phones and use hand sanitzer for 71 minutes while teachers and kids are killed by a single killer.

The St Louis area got the most rain within a 12 hour period in recorded history overnight. One town got 12" of rain in an 8 hour period, 9 inches at the airport. Even the big air force base near my town shut down all but essential services, because two of the major entrances were under several feet of water. We needed rain desperately, but the Not Like This meme applies. Flooding and power outages all over.

In the process of moving, my brother and I are staying at my parents this week.  So my dad had us help him remove this big ass cactus in their front yard (which now is 100% a garden).  My mom called it an "agave green goblin," looking it up it appears it's also called an "agave green giant" and the closest technical name I can find on wikipedia is Agave salmiana.

Anyway, digging out the base was a bitch and a half - and then it was so damn heavy we had to cut it in half for the garbage guys to take.  That was even worse, especially in the July Gainesville heat.  Eventually my brother and I took an axe to it, which was fun, but immediately after we both started itching all over our arms and legs so we promptly showered.

Even still, turns out the juice/"sap" gives really gross and itchy rashes.  All three of us got it on our arms and legs.  My bro got the worst of it, and my dad said the itching bothered him trying to sleep last night.  It's been about 55 hours now and luckily I haven't been bothered by any itching yet, but the rash is quite unseemly.  Really wish we knew about that beforehand.

On 7/25/2022 at 5:26 PM, Fragile Bird said:

I see it as a byproduct of the military worship in this country. Usually armchair soldiers who like to pretend that they're the real thing buy them.

Does anyone with the ability to do math want a little brain teaser?

Apparently, higher atmospheric temperatures cause the rate of lightning strikes to go up, to the tune of 10 % per 1°F.

What would the increase be per 1°C?

3 hours ago, lacuna said:

Does anyone with the ability to do math want a little brain teaser?

Apparently, higher atmospheric temperatures cause the rate of lightning strikes to go up, to the tune of 10 % per 1°F.

What would the increase be per 1°C?

Multiply by 9/5 to convert to Celsius.

I lived in the States for over twenty years, so I went from Celsius, grams, and kilometers to the American system. I’m still a bit screwed up. Fahrenheit comes more easily for temps, inches and feet for height, lbs for weight but I still love liters because I know how much they weigh! And science is much easier in metric.

Archived