Small, smaller, smallest. Irrelevant shit.

BigFatCoward

Once again, the first trumpista lady, such a top model whose greatest score was inclusion in one the swim suit issues of a sports maga, failed to receive an invitation to attend and participate in the annual Met gala.  :D 

Odd that, as the theme seemed made for her: Much Gilt, Little Guilt -- The Met Gala 2022 celebrated themes of opulence, excess and fame.  :P

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/03/style/met-gala-fashion-best-and-worst.html

2 hours ago, Zorral said:

Much Gilt, Little Guilt -- The Met Gala 2022 celebrated themes of opulence, excess and fame.  :P

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/03/style/met-gala-fashion-best-and-worst.html

It’s very curious how loosely the stylist interpret the Met Gala themes. in many cases it’s kinda difficult to decide if it’s a loose and post-modern interpretation or a complete disregard. I can appreciate an out of the box idea, but most outfits are generic and boring while being a far cry from the theme. So why not follow the theme? 

I’m really into the depp vs heard trial too. As well as YouTube content moaning about the Rings of Power and/or Star Wars. 

Capes and trains. Trains that are capes.  Capes that are trains.  Never every has anyone seen so many.  Or so loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong.  Plus, never has one seen so much since everything is also transparent/see through.  For all genders.  Nor has anyone been forced before to see so many Kardashians in one place at one time.

Their guest list was definitely barrel scraping.  They might as well as have invited exP's hideous wife.

9 hours ago, Zorral said:

Capes and trains. Trains that are capes.  Capes that are trains.  Never every has anyone seen so many.  Or so loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong.  Plus, never has one seen so much since everything is also transparent/see through.  For all genders.  Nor has anyone been forced before to see so many Kardashians in one place at one time.

Their guest list was definitely barrel scraping.  They might as well as have invited exP's hideous wife.

Yeah, that seems to be how far most designers and stylists were willing to take the theme. Silhouette and accessories could have been a huge playground if anybody bothered. As for the Look at me I’m naked and covered only in diamonds/crystals/chains/beads/etc look, it kinda got tired and boring ten years ago. Oh well, there are always a couple great gowns and I equally enjoy making fun of the rest too. 

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I equally enjoy making fun of the rest too. 

Never have so many baby Swarovski crystals, spangles and sequins given their lives to so many unworthy!  Good Goddessa, our horrible, corrupt, ignorant mayor was among them!

There have been a very few cases here, where -- generally it seems, a White woman -- has attempted to claim Black identity. In order to claim, o I dunno -- the right to claim some kind of cultural victimization for fun and profit, such as writing a fully fabricated memoir of their sufferings as Black.

There is still 'passing for white' going on, probably though not much, I don't think.  The Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts instituted some decades back made that kind of de$peration less likely.  As we know though, all that is changing a whole lot as all rights for everybody not a white xtian straight man are being abrogated.  Our intersecting circles of communities are at least, and in some situations, primarily Black and Latino, and the pride and comfort of their heritage identity make them feel pretty much -- "Pretend I'm white?  Ewwwwwwwwwwwww!"

What we do see, and which makes total sense, the ever growing real population of US citizens who are, and who identify, as 'multi-racial.' 

12 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Horses are misanthropes. We look down on all of you with equal measures of contempt.

Ah, you believe you are really a Cat!  :lol:

When I was quite young, fwiw -- not much -- I was deeply distressed when informed that no, I would not be growing up to be a horse.

47 minutes ago, Zorral said:

There have been a very few cases here, where -- generally it seems, a White woman -- has attempted to claim Black identity.

There was the infamous case of Rachel Dolezal a few years back:

Branch president of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) and chair of Spokane’s police ombudsman commission, she was well known and respected for her civil rights activism. Her Eastern Washington University students adored her; her 21-year-old son was about to intern for a diversity advocacy group in Washington DC; her younger son was doing well in high school. When a local TV news crew arrived one afternoon to interview her, Dolezal thought they were there to talk about hate crimes.

“Are you,” asked the reporter, “African American?” Like a cartoon, her features froze. “I don’t understand the question.” The reporter pressed, “Are your parents white?” Dolezal turned from the camera and fled.

29 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

That's not a horse problem tho.

Horses are misanthropes. We look down on all of you with equal measures of contempt.

Thanks to horses we, as a people, have the discovered the magical healing properties of ivermectin!  All hail our majestic, hooved betters!    :bowdown:

Today's L'esprit de l'escalier moment:

Photographer invades my space to store his gear, later complains that he has been tasked with shooting specific instances of diverse people engaging in white man activity.  He has to fake a picture of women engaged with mechanics. 

Photographer decries the phoniness of his politically correct assignment, observes that women are only interested in the marketing and social media aspects of the trade.

Professionally, I can't pick a fight with every sexist I encounter.  Privately, I observe:  "Yeah, it's funny how when you crowd everyone else out of a field you find that only white men are interested in the field."

On the one hand "fuck you, you fucking fuck".  On the other hand, I get it--you have no idea that you are part of the problem.

4 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

I went to my cousin's prom send off party today, which was great. My cousin wowed everybody in her green prom dress. 

I have no idea what this means. 

Does anyone else think car horn beeps should be illegal for commercials that play on car radios?

There is currently a commercial in the area that makes a horn noise, and I immediately go into adrenaline mode and look for the impending crash.  

It just seems unnecessarily dangerous. 

Archived