NFL - 2022 Draft and Onward

Maithanet

4 minutes ago, Trebla said:

Yep. Detroit moved up 20 spots essentially for two 2's and a 3. How could you make that trade and not get a future 1?

They didn't even give up a two, it was a swap. We dropped 20 back in the first to move up 12 in the second to acquire a third. That's horrible. Especially when the third best CB was still there if you didn't want the best player available, who would also have been a great pick. This only makes sense if they're either taking a QB late or angling to trade the 32nd pick to a team trying to do the same.

And now I have to watch the whole fucking thing. Great...

7 minutes ago, Babblebauble said:

That's like the worst trade I've ever seen. You got punked. By a DIVISION RIVAL

The upside is they took someone who might not be very good. I had questions about Williams before the ACL tear.

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

AJ Brown to Philly. Hollywood Brown to the Cards. The former seems to have only netted a first and and a third. 

Deebo is worth so much more than that.

At this point; I expect him to stay put.

1 minute ago, Rhom said:

Yeah hopefully Shanahan can get him back into the fold.  Gotta figure if they didn't trade him tonight they're at least gonna try to reconcile for the next couple months.

10 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I don't get why he wants to leave, just like I don't get why Adams or Hill wanted out. The Niners, Packers and Chiefs were all willing to pay them similar deals if you believe the reporting. And all three, assuming Deebo gets traded, are going to worse situations that could lead to them getting cut in two years. It doesn't make sense.

Six WRs drafted, the record is in reach. My QB prediction was very wrong so far though. 

ETA: Also very clear teams are not down with the exploding cost at WR. And I have to agree. 

And AJ already locked in at $25m AAV. Yikes.

2 hours ago, Babblebauble said:

That's like the worst trade I've ever seen. You got punked. By a DIVISION RIVAL

Revisit, we got the second best S in the draft, so overall this worked out. Still hope we take Willis with the second pick tomorrow, but Dean might also be in play. If we get either I'll be:

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Revisit, we got the second best S in the draft, so overall this worked out.

That’s debatable. The Bengals had their choice between the two, and went with Daxton Hill (a former 5 star recruit) over Cine. Hill is definitely more versatile. He played quite a bit of nickel (over 900 snaps from the slot) along with free safety at Michigan. I know Georgia moved Cine around a bit as well, but not as much as Hill. 

Hill was also more productive (twice as many TFL, twice as many INT’s, more PD, etc). Both are burners so speed is pretty much a wash, and both have a high RAS, but I do like that Hill is a year younger.

7 hours ago, Trebla said:

The guy the Cowboys picked has BUST written all over him.

Boom or bust. He looks like a mauler, angry physical player. But he had the same issue as Williams, too many penalties. I can't argue taking him because it's a big need but man, Lloyd and Parsons would have been a sexy LB duo.

9 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Revisit, we got the second best S in the draft, so overall this worked out. Still hope we take Willis with the second pick tomorrow, but Dean might also be in play. If we get either I'll be:

Hard to believe 5 UGA defenders went in the first round and Dean wasn’t one of them. Can’t go wrong at this point with him or Willis at that spot. 

Archived