NFL - 2022 Draft and Onward

Maithanet

Really hoping the Niners re-sign Tartt (and perhaps they are waiting until tomorrow when signing free agents no longer counts against draft compensation).  Otherwise Safety will be as big a weakness for them next year as CB was for them last year.  Other than that, their roster looks pretty damn good...as long as Alex Mack doesn't retire.  Whenever they get rid of Garoppolo they'll be able to use the money on the Bosa extension (even if they do extend Deebo, his cap number this year isn't likely to change much) and the rest can be rolled over for next year.

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

But then why does UK football always suck ass?

Cause the SEC is brutal and we are just now truly developing the depth compete week in and week out.  But that’s a conversation for another thread.

46 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Cause the SEC is brutal and we are just now truly developing the depth compete week in and week out.  But that’s a conversation for another thread.

Or maybe your basketball team should teach your football team the art of bribery. :P

3 hours ago, DMC said:

So the one cool thing about the running back the Niners drafted is his name is Tyrion.  Been trying to find out if he's indeed named after the imp but coming up empty.

I thought the same thing but concluded that's unpossible.  He has to be around 22 and only 5 books have been published so far.  The math doesn't work.

Upon further review, highly likely.

3 hours ago, DMC said:

So the one cool thing about the running back the Niners drafted is his name is Tyrion.  Been trying to find out if he's indeed named after the imp but coming up empty.

I had to take him off my board because he was raised by nerds. 

2 minutes ago, briantw said:

I had to take him off my board because he was raised by nerds. 

That's what I want to find out!  He was born on October 23, 2000.  ASOS was released in the US in November 2000.  So if his parents/whoever did name him after Lannister, they definitely are huge nerds.

37 minutes ago, briantw said:

This is the kind of psychotic energy I want from a DT.  Loving this kid already. 

I’d be interested to see why teams were so scared off of him. I know he had a top 30 visit with the Bengals. Was really surprised he kept slipping all the way to the 4th. I know he didn’t test, and isn’t particularly good against the run, but he was seen as a top IDL coming into the draft. Maybe it’s just a case of teams not being as high on him as the draftniks? :dunno:

3 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I’d be interested to see why teams were so scared off of him. I know he had a top 30 visit with the Bengals. Was really surprised he kept slipping all the way to the 4th. I know he didn’t test, and isn’t particularly good against the run, but he was seen as a top IDL coming into the draft. Maybe it’s just a case of teams not being as high on him as the draftniks? :dunno:

Yeah, I don’t know.  He might have just been a victim of circumstance, where teams that really needed it had already grabbed DL guys and other teams passed over him for more glaring needs.

Last year, the Browns got JOK with a mid to late second when he was projected by many to be a first rounder and he had no off field issues.  Sometimes guys just fall for no good reason.  

"I'm 100% concentrated.  No pulp!"

"I was boring into being a dawg, because my parents were already dawgs when I was conceived."

This kid is incredible.  Might be my first jersey buy in almost a decade.  I got a Jim Brown Chinese knock-off jersey like eight years ago after constantly being burned by the Browns drafting shitty players and have been rocking it ever since.  But man, I already love this guy.  

4 hours ago, briantw said:

"I'm 100% concentrated.  No pulp!"

"I was boring into being a dawg, because my parents were already dawgs when I was conceived."

This kid is incredible.  Might be my first jersey buy in almost a decade.  I got a Jim Brown Chinese knock-off jersey like eight years ago after constantly being burned by the Browns drafting shitty players and have been rocking it ever since.  But man, I already love this guy.  

I would think the future Hall of Fame pass rusher you guys already have would be a pretty safe jersey to get…

43 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I would think the future Hall of Fame pass rusher you guys already have would be a pretty safe jersey to get…

Well yeah, now the Browns have a bunch of players whose jersey I could buy, but for about fifteen years we basically only had like three good players...a LT, a kicker, and a special teams gunner.  

There were a couple of fun one-off seasons by guys like Josh Gordon, Gary Barnidge, and the White Rhino himself, Peyton Hillis.  We voted that motherfucker onto the cover of Madden.  But by and large, there weren't a lot of jerseys that stuck. 

Archived