NFL - 2022 Draft and Onward

Maithanet

22 minutes ago, briantw said:

Well yeah, now the Browns have a bunch of players whose jersey I could buy, but for about fifteen years we basically only had like three good players...a LT, a kicker, and a special teams gunner.  

There were a couple of fun one-off seasons by guys like Josh Gordon, Gary Barnidge, and the White Rhino himself, Peyton Hillis.  We voted that motherfucker onto the cover of Madden.  But by and large, there weren't a lot of jerseys that stuck. 

Idk, there were a ton of options to wear ironically. Pimp that William Green jersey, bro! 

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

How dare you ignore the immortal Tim Couch.

As well as the even Immortaler Jeff Garcia.  And the greatest immortal of them all, the Sex Cannon himself. 

On 4/29/2022 at 7:46 PM, dbunting said:

And they just added the #1 RB in the draft

If they grabbed Dean with the next pick instead of another TE after signing 2 in the offseason, I would have said it was a perfect draft for them.

1 hour ago, grozeng said:

If they grabbed Dean with the next pick instead of another TE after signing 2 in the offseason, I would have said it was a perfect draft for them.

Dean falling was bizarre. Every pre-draft mock I saw had him going in the first or early second and he graded out the highest at his position. Can't believe the Vikes passed on him three times then took another guy at the same position. 

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Dean falling was bizarre. Every pre-draft mock I saw had him going in the first or early second and he graded out the highest at his position. Can't believe the Vikes passed on him three times then took another guy at the same position. 

Yeah.  I was thinking the Jets would take Ojabo or Dean with the 2nd rounder.  Then they took Hall.  I liked Carter last year and did not think RB was a need for them.  But when Dean was still there in the late 3rd I was hoping they would trade up to get him - but they did not have a lot of picks left at that point to make a trade.  But their 3rd and 4th should have been enough to climb up.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

He apparently got medically flagged by a lot of teams.

5 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Lots of teams took him off their boards for a shoulder issue. Wasn't mentioned at all before the draft though

13 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Lots of teams took him off their boards for a shoulder issue. Wasn't mentioned at all before the draft though

Thanks, I knew there was some injury concern, but didn't see anyone reporting on exactly what it was. Personally it would have to be pretty bad to taken a guy with that kind of talent off of your board. Tons of scouts have said he'd maybe be a top 10 pick if he was 6'2 instead of 5'11. 

24 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Thanks, I knew there was some injury concern, but didn't see anyone reporting on exactly what it was. Personally it would have to be pretty bad to taken a guy with that kind of talent off of your board. Tons of scouts have said he'd maybe be a top 10 pick if he was 6'2 instead of 5'11. 

From what I read on draft day, he opted not to get a surgery that apparently a lot of teams thought he should have gotten and as a result they either took him off or severely dropped him down their boards.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yeah, he hurt his pectoral muscle and there was a rumor he will need surgery.  But he says that he doesn't and the Eagles expect him at minicamp.

Wow, just saw that Hopkins is suspended 6 games for PED's... had lots of injuries last year, wonder if he was using before this or he did this hoping for a better season?

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Wow, just saw that Hopkins is suspended 6 games for PED's... had lots of injuries last year, wonder if he was using before this or he did this hoping for a better season?

Hoping the Niners get them at least once in the first six weeks.

1 minute ago, Rhom said:

Hoping the Niners get them at least once in the first six weeks.

Odd, I'd want both games to be at the end of the season. The Kyler late season fade is almost a lock at this point.

17 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Odd, I'd want both games to be at the end of the season. The Kyler late season fade is almost a lock at this point.

I'd want to face them without Hopkins too.

4 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I'd want to face them without Hopkins too.

They might not have Kyler though. 

I'm curious, who is more to blame for the crazy new WR market, Chase or Kirk? Chase has teams believing they're just a stud WR away while Kirk's insane contract effectively ruined the market at least in the short term.

Archived