NFL - 2022 Draft and Onward

Maithanet

17 hours ago, briantw said:

Texans have entered the chat.

I'm listening to David Samson (former Marlins president for 18 years) break this down and he's got me convinced that the Texan's brass knew about everything. 

It also sounds like Watson makes both Depp and Heard seem like ideal clients for a firm to take on by comparison. Dude deserves to be labeled as a sociopath. 

4 hours ago, KalVsWade said:

We're about five months away from Collinsworth saying during a live telecast that Watson "had some off the field issues that he's trying to put behind him."

2 minutes ago, briantw said:

We're about five months away from Collinsworth saying during a live telecast that Watson "had some off the field issues that he's trying to put behind him."

I hope one person has the balls to say "Watson, accused sexual predator." 

5 hours ago, KalVsWade said:

Well, 20 of 24, right?  Which common sense suggests those other four might be even more egregious.  From the link:

Buzbee said he plans on taking the four unsettled lawsuits to trial, including the first one that was filed by Ashley Solis, who has previously made her name public. In an interview with HBO’s “Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel,” Solis said she felt threatened by Watson after their massage session when he told her that she had a career to protect and “I know you don’t want anyone messing with it just like I don’t want anyone messing with mine.”

34 minutes ago, DMC said:

Well, 20 of 24, right?  Which common sense suggests those other four might be even more egregious.  From the link:

I'd be shocked if any of the remaining four actually made it to trial.  They'll settle for a higher but still undisclosed amount in the next week.

7 minutes ago, briantw said:

I'd be shocked if any of the remaining four actually made it to trial.  They'll settle for a higher but still undisclosed amount in the next week.

I dunno maybe, but that hardly seems a sure thing with Solis at least.

6 minutes ago, DMC said:

I dunno maybe, but that hardly seems a sure thing with Solis at least.

Certainly possible.  Just hard for me to see the benefit to Watson settling twenty of them now if Buzbee legitimately intends to still take the rest of them to court.  It feels like step one of the inevitable resolution.  They're just figuring out the number.

Given all the awful shit coming out about the Commanders today, I have to wonder if Watson settling the bulk of his cases yesterday was a coincidence or if he was just getting his shit out of the way before a shit tsunami rolled into town.

22 minutes ago, briantw said:

Given all the awful shit coming out about the Commanders today, I have to wonder if Watson settling the bulk of his cases yesterday was a coincidence or if he was just getting his shit out of the way before a shit tsunami rolled into town.

A bit of both. I'm all but positive its been communicated to him that he's not getting suspended until he's settled each case and that he's not playing if he doesn't settle. He has no choice.

I'm pretty much exclusively pro-union, but the fact that the NFLPA is going to the mat for Watson (their argument is that since Robert Kraft, Jerry Jones, and Dan Snyder weren't punished for comparable offenses then Watson can't be either) makes me sick.

I mean I get that the union has an obligation to defend its members from relative injustices from the employing entity, but ick

Archived