NFL - 2022 Draft and Onward

Maithanet

Josh Allen reinvented himself when he started working with Jordan Palmer during the offseason. His jump was unexpected and awesome. Can't wait to watch him continue to grow as a passer and QB. Side note, rushing TDs is a massive part of his game and should not be diminished when discussing QB play. It's one of the things that makes the Bills so dangerous in the red zone.

That being said, I do think he'll continue to be somewhat inconsistent over his career which will put Bills in contention but not at a level of domination that the Patriots had with Brady.

@dbunting - I really don't care about this argument, but as someone who grew up in Upstate New York in the early nineties, it's really weird seeing a Cowboys fan go to bat for a Bills quarterback.  Jim Kelly eat your heart out!

1 hour ago, Mexal said:

Josh Allen reinvented himself when he started working with Jordan Palmer during the offseason. His jump was unexpected and awesome.

Jordan Palmer has now helped both Allen and Burrow take massive leaps in their games. You probably saw the recent pics of Joe working out with him. I love that he was practicing with a ball from the Super Bowl for extra motivation.

13 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Jordan Palmer has now helped both Allen and Burrow take massive leaps in their games. You probably saw the recent pics of Joe working out with him. I love that he was practicing with a ball from the Super Bowl for extra motivation.

Let's also not forget Jordan Palmer's early investment in the RunPee app, which has been a godsend for some of my friends. Truly a Renaissance man.

1 minute ago, DanteGabriel said:

Let's also not forget Jordan Palmer's early investment in the RunPee app, which has been a godsend for some of my friends. Truly a Renaissance man.

I remember him talking about that way back when on Hard Knocks. I’ve never used it myself, but it was certainly a good idea. 

So the 49ers are trying to cash in on a Teddy B kinda injury with Garoppalo. It's the reason to keep him around. But it has to be a Teddy B injury -pre-season-. Because G's salary is guaranteed if he's on the roster in week 1. So they have to cut him before then. Everybody knows this. 

Also, Garoppalo will be expected to halve or even quarter his salary as part of a trade. 

If I'm him I say Fuck that. His options aren't limited to hoping for a Teddy Knee injury pre-season. Cam got ten mill to finish out half the season when he was clearly washed. You know what's a lot more common than a starter going down non-contact in the pre-season? A starter on a playoff-ready team going down after week 10 and then their season is over even if they limp into the playoffs. We can all name a dozen examples of this just since Teddy's injury probably. 

So my point is that Jimmy's maximum advantage moment could happen all the way through the playoffs, and he could get a bigger salary for playing five games and a playoff loss than he could from the Falcons or whatever. He has no reason to cut at his own salary, and if he won't do that there's no sense trading for him. Which means the power is all his. 

Fuck the 49ers, I hope Lance blows.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Did Trey kick your dog?

They could have had Tom Brady. I won't pretend to be impressed by reactionary flailings that cheapen the game down to "Find platonic QB=SB Win". Especially when you had your chance for the best QB evar but said uh-huh 'cause you couldn't get him on a rookie deal, which we all know is the single most valuable thing in pro sports *queue the Fox newsish multiscreening of the drones repeating their mantra* as proven by that one time the Seahawks won a Superbowl a decade ago

20 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Semi-related, how the fuck did Mac Jones make the PB over Allen?

Jackson also made it to pro bowl and had literally half the stats that Allen did, except for rushing yards which was basically even.

Did Allen turn the pro bowl down, because otherwise it was a disgrace.

@DMC no this discussion is just me ribbing Tywin for petty reasons! Besides, Cowboys fans never had a problem with the Bills, they were nice enough to lose each year!

20 minutes ago, Babblebauble said:

They could have had Tom Brady.

You mean two years ago (i.e. the 2020 offseason)?  Not clear if they really could have, but yeah, I wish they had at the time.  It would have been complicated as hell getting rid of Garoppolo but I'm pretty sure his no-trade clause only applied to the 2021 season, so could've been doable.  Not particularly surprising they took the safe/simple route after just losing the Super Bowl though, and even then reports at the time said they tried.  So again, not clear if they really could have.

Still don't get how that extends to hoping Lance blows.  But glad you're directing your irrational whining and anger at one of my favorite sports teams rather than fellow posters for simply discussing politics.

54 minutes ago, Babblebauble said:

They could have had Tom Brady. I won't pretend to be impressed by reactionary flailings that cheapen the game down to "Find platonic QB=SB Win". Especially when you had your chance for the best QB evar but said uh-huh 'cause you couldn't get him on a rookie deal, which we all know is the single most valuable thing in pro sports *queue the Fox newsish multiscreening of the drones repeating their mantra* as proven by that one time the Seahawks won a Superbowl a decade ago

Seems like it kind of defeats the purpose of having a QB on a rookie contract when you had to give up three firsts to trade up to get him in the first place.  

1 minute ago, briantw said:

Seems like it kind of defeats the purpose of having a QB on a rookie contract when you had to give up three firsts to trade up to get him in the first place.  

Considering the premise of the "rookie QB" rationale is to allocate the cap space to augment the rest of your roster, not really.

Anyway, the point is irrelevant.  The Niners didn't trade for Lance last year because they wanted a QB under a rookie contract, they did so because ShanaLynch were ready to move on from Garoppolo.  Should they have been ready the year prior?  Absolutely.  But again, most GMs aren't gonna rock the boat after your team just barely lost the Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, Babblebauble said:

They could have had Tom Brady. 

Brady was looking like he was in decline and Jimmy just took them to the Owl. Even if his limitations were obvious it would be hard for a team to move on right then and when they decided to do so at least they were aggressive. Not sure I'd ever blindly trade three firsts like that, but at least they were bold. 

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Jackson also made it to pro bowl and had literally half the stats that Allen did, except for rushing yards which was basically even.

Did Allen turn the pro bowl down, because otherwise it was a disgrace.

As far as I can tell he just wasn't selected. It's pretty indefensible. 

:lmao:

32 minutes ago, Babblebauble said:

Brady did not look to be in decline to people who watch games rather than statistics. He was throwing to Benjamin Watson and the ghost of Julian Edelman you fools !

He looked subpar throwing to an elite WR core during the Bucs playoff run too.

With the benefit of hindsight it’s easy to say that the Niners should have told their NFC winning QB to kick rocks and go for the aging GOAT who grew up in their backyard…

But I have to agree with DMC and Tywin, at the time no one honestly thought Brady had this much left in the tank.

Archived