NFL - 2022 Draft and Onward

Maithanet

3 minutes ago, briantw said:

I mean, sure, there are plenty of reasons to be critical of the Browns, but I think evidence shows that they would have given that same sort of contract structure to Watson had he not been accused of anything, as they would have with any QB they signed or traded for.  If Baker had been extended, the contract certainly would have looked similar (albeit probably for a lot less money).  The same is true if they had been able to trade for Russ like they tried to, or if Rodgers had become available and they had landed him.  That's basically exactly the structure of the extension that Rodgers actually got.

They put special language in his contract that prevents his guarantees from being voided (as is standard in NFL deals) if he is suspended. 

That language ain't in Rodgers' extension.

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

NFL is officially appealing the suspension.

Setting Goodell up for a face turn?????

They had no choice. The ruling was damning even though the judge doesn't understand how to view sexual violence. But that said she did conclude he was guilty and that's all the league needed. I think he misses the season, but they don't seek the indefinite suspension they reportedly wanted. 

Not gonna lie, I like that A.A.Ron thinks him tripping balls is going to make him a better QB. I once took shrooms on a Sunday and got either a 48 or 49 out of 50 on an abnormal psych midterm the next day with minimal studying (and said minimal studying was done while I was coming down). 

On 8/2/2022 at 2:03 PM, Tywin et al. said:

So they weren’t tanking, they were just prioritizing their draft position over their record, and Ross’ comment about $100k for a loss was a “joke.” Okay…

I don’t think the punishment is harsh enough.

Wait.  Is that the tanking where they went over 500 their last nine games?

11 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Wait.  Is that the tanking where they went over 500 their last nine games?

You, I and all who are reading this know the Dolphins from a front office standpoint weren't trying to win games. Tank for Tua was an open thing. And in the end you got him and that's another thing y'all done fucked up.

Goodell has come out advocating for a one year ban. Idk why we have to do this song and dance, but my guess is it's because they plan on suspending him for 12-14 games killing the Browns' season while allowing him to play a few meaningless games so it's not a news story all next offseason again. 

11 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Goodell has come out advocating for a one year ban. Idk why we have to do this song and dance, but my guess is it's because they plan on suspending him for 12-14 games killing the Browns' season while allowing him to play a few meaningless games so it's not a news story all next offseason again. 

Jimmy G... come on down!

Honestly, that's what the Browns need to do.  They have the cap space.  Trade for him.  He's good enough that they probably make the playoffs, maybe even challenge the Ravens for the division (that's right... I said what I said... come at me @Nictarion :smug: )  Jimmy G shows that he can still be a starter in the league post surgery.  Browns don't waste a year of having a solid roster.  Rita Oak doesn't have to draw any more pictures.  Everyone wins.

8 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Jimmy G... come on down!

Honestly, that's what the Browns need to do.  They have the cap space.  Trade for him.  He's good enough that they probably make the playoffs, maybe even challenge the Ravens for the division (that's right... I said what I said... come at me @Nictarion :smug: )  Jimmy G shows that he can still be a starter in the league post surgery.  Browns don't waste a year of having a solid roster.  Rita Oak doesn't have to draw any more pictures.  Everyone wins.

This post is why you occasionally read stories about people throwing acid in other people's faces.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

This post is why you occasionally read stories about people throwing acid in other people's faces.

Listen, I get it... we all want more Rita Oak drawings.  But I don't think its Nicholson's Joker with his acid squirting flower bad...

4 hours ago, Mexal said:

Bengals sold the naming rights to Paycor and are now going to use that revenue for their indoor practice facility and for signing players. They're really becoming a modern run organization and I'm here for it.

I figured they did it because they need to start saving up money now to be able to afford to pay Burrow.  :lol:

2 hours ago, briantw said:

I figured they did it because they need to start saving up money now to be able to afford to pay Burrow.  :lol:

Oh they did 100%. That's one of the biggest reasons they did it now. They need more cash on hand.

1 hour ago, Mexal said:

Oh they did 100%. That's one of the biggest reasons they did it now. They need more cash on hand.

Escrow is a bitch when you're a cash poor owner. I wonder if Jurrah Jones would lock his doors if he saw Mike Brown walking around in his neighborhood. 

Giants scouting has a lot of work to do. Jones is gone after this year unless he has a pro bowl season. What sucks is that we have a very soft schedule on paper and Jones could some way have the Giants 10-7 or 9-8 (wont happen imo). Barkley hasnt had blocking or health. Thibs may be the only exciting thing the Giants have to watch week in and week out. Oh how I miss the Coughlin years.

Archived