NFL - 2022 Draft and Onward

Maithanet

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Every time AB opens his mouth, my respect for Tomlin goes up for keeping the lid on this and keeping him (mainly) focused on the field.

We also gain more info as to why he doesn't blink and that his main goal in life is to get out of stadiums alive.

And that he's planned for everything, which I assume include an alien invasion or Bane blowing up Heinz Field.

41 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I love every bit of that.

Great comedic minds could go a lifetime without writing something that hilarious.

On 8/10/2022 at 9:25 AM, Tywin et al. said:

This post is why you occasionally read stories about people throwing acid in other people's faces.

Report: Browns to consider Jimmy Garoppolo if Deshaun Watson suspension increases:

Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com reports that the Browns will consider trading for 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo if Harvey’s ruling results in a significantly longer suspension for Watson.

Jacoby Brissett is currently set to be the starter with Watson out of the lineup and Cabot reports the team is comfortable with that for six or eight games. The NFL is seeking a suspension of one year, however, and any move to a suspension of double-digit games would reportedly lead the Browns to rethink moving forward with Brissett as the sole option for the starting job.

5 hours ago, DMC said:

Comment from that link:

John Lynch right now: “Browns have picks in rds 2-7. I don’t want to take all their picks that would be mean. Picks 2-5 should do.”

:lmao:

There's no reason for the Browns to trade for Jimmy. He'd be an upgrade, but not by much. Again, only Niners fans think he's good. Almost everyone else views him as a bottom tier starter if you exclude the young QBs. 

6 minutes ago, briantw said:

Jimmy is basically a lock to be cut before the season starts anyway so no idea why the Browns would waste assets to get him. 

Nor does it make sense to acquire him if Watson gets a full season ban. At that point they're playing for nothing and are best served making their remaining picks as valuable as possible. Or maybe the Brisket fucks around and wins you nine games.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Nor does it make sense to acquire him if Watson gets a full season ban. At that point they're playing for nothing and are best served making their remaining picks as valuable as possible. Or maybe the Brisket fucks around and wins you nine games.

Yeah they won 8 last year with Baker playing like a bottom ten QB so I definitely think Brissett could win at least 7 or 8. 

46 minutes ago, briantw said:

Yeah they won 8 last year with Baker playing like a bottom ten QB so I definitely think Brissett could win at least 7 or 8. 

Eh, I have little faith in him. If I ran the Browns and was looking for a different QB I’d put a call into Philly and see what it would cost to get Minshew. He’s got sneaky good career stats despite playing with garbage in Jax and he looked solid last year in limited action.

31 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Eh, I have little faith in him. If I ran the Browns and was looking for a different QB I’d put a call into Philly and see what it would cost to get Minshew. He’s got sneaky good career stats despite playing with garbage in Jax and he looked solid last year in limited action.

Main thing with Brissett is that he doesn't turn the ball over much.  The Browns have a top five OL, the best RB room in the NFL, and decent receiving options.  Add in what should be a top tier defense and I think he can definitely win some games with them, or at least play well enough not to lose them.  Baker was just giving them absolutely nothing last year when he wasn't destroying Cincy. 

1 hour ago, briantw said:

Main thing with Brissett is that he doesn't turn the ball over much.  The Browns have a top five OL, the best RB room in the NFL, and decent receiving options.  Add in what should be a top tier defense and I think he can definitely win some games with them, or at least play well enough not to lose them.  Baker was just giving them absolutely nothing last year when he wasn't destroying Cincy. 

Yeah the problem is he doesn't throw the ball either. Get ready for Kyler-esque lengths of time between snap and throw but with the QB moving in quicksand.

Did anyone see the report where Justin Fields said his current receivers basically suck. That they would have been 6th stringers at oSU and that's why he is making a big adjustment in NFL!!!  Way to build team morale!

2 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Did anyone see the report where Justin Fields said his current receivers basically suck. That they would have been 6th stringers at oSU and that's why he is making a big adjustment in NFL!!!  Way to build team morale!

That's rough though. Poor kid did all that work to be a first round pick and his career is over before his second season.

32 minutes ago, dbunting said:

It would be comedy gold to see a rookie demand a trade.

29 minutes ago, Firebrand Jace said:

That's rough though. Poor kid did all that work to be a first round pick and his career is over before his second season.

In 1939 the Bears drafted Sid Luckman with the second overall pick. He went on to be an all-timer. Since then they've failed every single QB they've had with the lone exception being Jim McMahon, and even that one requires an asterisk. 

15 minutes ago, dbunting said:

He is a 2nd year player. I just wonder what the receivers think?

Sorry, I meant on rookie contracts. Watson would have gone for five firsts (or equal value more likely) and he just started his second contract before we all learned he's a sexual predator. Kyler was close to the first testcase and Idk what he would have fetched.

They're pissed. But they'll get over it if the Bears do well this year... :lmao:

10 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Didn’t look good.

Archived