NFL - 2022 Draft and Onward

Maithanet

31 minutes ago, briantw said:

I mean, it probably still feels that way for the players, but as fans I'd like to think most of us would prefer watching actual good football over the hot garbage games we usually get on Turkey Day.  Last year was particularly awful, and this year's slate doesn't seem much better.

Coming from the country that invented Thanksgiving, I don’t care as much, but it seems to me that shitty football might actually lead to more talks with the family, so….….oh.

OH. 

Okay, I see what you’re saying here. 

3 hours ago, briantw said:

I mean, it probably still feels that way for the players, but as fans I'd like to think most of us would prefer watching actual good football over the hot garbage games we usually get on Turkey Day.  Last year was particularly awful, and this year's slate doesn't seem much better.

Nah leave it alone. They try to get us good Sunday and Monday night games each year and fail miserably so just leave it be.

54 minutes ago, KalVsWade said:

Oh good, punt god gangraped someone. 

Just read a couple of articles and it seems like this incident was not exactly a secret on campus. I have to conclude the Bills background checkers found out about it, reported it up the chain and that ultimately the Bills brass didn't care. 

36 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Just read a couple of articles and it seems like this incident was not exactly a secret on campus. I have to conclude the Bills background checkers found out about it, reported it up the chain and that ultimately the Bills brass didn't care. 

For a punter???  I find that hard to believe.

37 minutes ago, Rhom said:

For a punter???  I find that hard to believe.

They investigate everyone they're considering. Top talents get looked at just like if you're applying to the military or FBI, and yes, that would include the top punting prospect in the draft. Teams' security details employ a fuck ton of people who have additional eyes and ears all over the country. 

ETA: A quick Google search has him as the top punting prospect on four of the half dozen articles I clicked on. One had him second and the other, oddly, didn't rank him. So ask yourself, why did he go third? Hard to argue it's because of football reasons. 

Can you imagine practicing with the Bengals? No thanks. Probably gonna find arsenic in the Gatorade. Aaron Donald is a champion. To put him on the (practice) field with such disreputable ruffians at all is mismanagement of talent on a criminal level!

16 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

They investigate everyone they're considering. Top talents get looked at just like if you're applying to the military or FBI, and yes, that would include the top punting prospect in the draft. Teams' security details employ a fuck ton of people who have additional eyes and ears all over the country. 

ETA: A quick Google search has him as the top punting prospect on four of the half dozen articles I clicked on. One had him second and the other, oddly, didn't rank him. So ask yourself, why did he go third? Hard to argue it's because of football reasons. 

As I recall, there were concerns about the fact that he’s basically just a big leg and isn’t great at placing the ball, which could easily explain why he wasn’t the first punter drafted.  A lot of people had the guy the Ravens drafted ranked higher.  

Regardless, it seems objectively insane to fall on a PR grenade like this over a punter.  

52 minutes ago, briantw said:

As I recall, there were concerns about the fact that he’s basically just a big leg and isn’t great at placing the ball, which could easily explain why he wasn’t the first punter drafted.  A lot of people had the guy the Ravens drafted ranked higher.  

Regardless, it seems objectively insane to fall on a PR grenade like this over a punter.  

Wasn’t the domestic abuser the Giants knew about and did nothing a kicker?

2 minutes ago, Quijote Light said:

Wasn’t the domestic abuser the Giants knew about and did nothing a kicker?

Kicker.  Not a punter.

Still not great value… but moreso than a punter.

2 hours ago, briantw said:

Idk about that, like I said most of what I found Googling said he was the best prospect, and certainly the most well known. And that doesn't explain why he went third.

Also, it seems like at the very least the Bills were aware of the situation when they decided to cut the other guy.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Kicker.  Not a punter.

Still not great value… but moreso than a punter.

Just drives home the point the NFL does not give a shit about women. And they probably won't until the current generation in charge are all dead.

18 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Why would you have the two teams that played in a tight Owl do joint practices? That's like asking for a fight.

All the other joint practices were taken as they were organized before the Super Bowl. McVay called up Taylor to see if he wanted to do it or they wouldn't have done anything.

Either way, that's not the issue. The issue is Aaron Donald is an insane person. He's been fined as many times as Burfict but because he's the top defensive player in the world, we ignore the fact that he's dirty as fuck. He's a piece of shit.

34 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Just drives home the point the NFL does not give a shit about women. And they probably won't until the current generation in charge are all dead.

But they wear pink shoes and gloves one month to demonstrate their love and care for women!

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

But they wear pink shoes and gloves one month to demonstrate their love and care for women!

Don't forget about the Erin Andrews collection on NFLshop. com

I often feel icky, enjoying this product. But I tell myself that any man dominated institution is gonna be ick as fuck. It's a depressing kind of rationalization but it works for me. 

Glad to know my irrational hate of the Bills gets validated though. They aren't supposed to be good. It offends the spirits.

3 hours ago, Mexal said:

All the other joint practices were taken as they were organized before the Super Bowl. McVay called up Taylor to see if he wanted to do it or they wouldn't have done anything.

They were dumb to proceed with it, and the bit of reporting I've heard said two players fought multiple times before the melee began. What were the coaches doing, sticking their thumbs up their asses? 

Either way, that's not the issue. The issue is Aaron Donald is an insane person. He's been fined as many times as Burfict but because he's the top defensive player in the world, we ignore the fact that he's dirty as fuck. He's a piece of shit.

Most of them are insane people. You almost have to be to make it to the NFL because what they're doing is nuts.

Archived