NFL - 2022 Draft and Onward

Maithanet

17 hours ago, briantw said:

Which they only had to do because Zeke's contract is awful.

It's not awful, and it's done after this season. Just you wait, he is gonna lead the league in rushing yards and tds this year! Yeah, well maybe he will be in the top ten, maybe, hopefully.

Compared to the top 4 paid RB's you could argue Elliot was the best 

Rush yds    Tds      Rec yards    Tds         total yds    total tds

McCaffrey    442        1                343            1        785             2

Elliot            1002          10            287          2           1289         12

Kamara        898           4              439         5            1337         9

Cook            1159          6              224         0             1383         6

17 hours ago, Quijote Light said:

Your team not only signed a serial sexual assaulter to a record setting contract, but the owner then made a ridiculously statement about his age and his football skill to somehow…. I don’t know. I don’t know what that fucking idiot was trying to do. Fuck the Browns. Fuck the Saints. Fuck the Panthers. Fuck the Falcons. I’m pretty close to saying fuck the NFL over this. Why are you still even posting about your garbage team?

I was talking about the Cowboys, not the Browns.

And shocking that a billionaire isn't a good person.  All the owners are pieces of shit. 

Especially the Packers' owners.

I'm gonna get some hate but...

I don't think I'd be in a rush to pay Lamar. From a business standpoint it may make more sense to go the Cousins route and franchise him next  season depending on how this one goes.

He has only had one season over 3000 passing yards (3127) in a pass happy league. One season with more than 30td passes (36), the same year as his yardage high point.

His biggest advantage is the combination of passing and rushing. Legs eventually go, just look at the value of running backs, so when his legs start to go what are you left with? 

Let the hating begin

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

I'm gonna get some hate but...

I don't think I'd be in a rush to pay Lamar. From a business standpoint it may make more sense to go the Cousins route and franchise him next  season depending on how this one goes.

He has only had one season over 3000 passing yards (3127) in a pass happy league. One season with more than 30td passes (36), the same year as his yardage high point.

His biggest advantage is the combination of passing and rushing. Legs eventually go, just look at the value of running backs, so when his legs start to go what are you left with? 

Let the hating begin

3 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Bears looking to build a giant domed stadium just feels wrong.

GB will be the last of the NFC North still playing in the elements.

Good. Frankly every team should have a dome with a retractable roof. 

51 minutes ago, Firebrand Jace said:

Fuck that. Football is played outside

That argument rings more true when running the ball was a bigger part of the sport. Now that it's a passing game we should try to create conditions to maximize that, and if a team like Buffalo wanted to leave the roof open on a shitty, snowy day, that's their call. 

5 minutes ago, dbunting said:

How many teams actually use the retractable part each season though? Seems like a huge expense for something used once or twice a season

Just because the Cowboys rarely open theirs doesn't mean others have to do the same.

Idk, to me it just seems like the most practical decision. And it's not just to deal with cold weather. Some teams play in locations that are going to become increasingly worse to play in in September. It's ungodly hot right now in a number of states. Miami is a disgusting swamp and on the news this morning they said the feels like temp in the Bay Area was over 110 in one spot over the weekend. Personally I've played in a number of really hot and really cold games and they both suck.

18 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's ungodly hot right now in a number of states. Miami is a disgusting swamp and on the news this morning they said the feels like temp in the Bay Area was over 110 in one spot over the weekend. Personally I've played in a number of really hot and really cold games and they both suck.

Teams in the south should indeed adopt at least retractable roofs simply for the health of the players.  That's different than the north though.  I honestly don't care either way but professional football players should be able to play in the cold.

31 minutes ago, DMC said:

Teams in the south should indeed adopt at least retractable roofs simply for the health of the players.  That's different than the north though.  I honestly don't care either way but professional football players should be able to play in the cold.

They should be able to, but Idk if it's wise anymore to play games like the Ice Bowl anymore either. And having a retractable roof is a strategic advantage. For example, I think Rodgers would have had a bit more playoff success if he played in a dome or mostly covered stadium. And the SB is typically played somewhere nice so building a team around surviving the cold weather is a disadvantage. 

Unrelated, as fun as it is to push these thread limits, probably time to have a thread specific for week 1 given it's less than two days to the start of the season.

30 minutes ago, DMC said:

One of my favorite things as a Bears fan is seeing the opposing team look a little freaked out during warmups and the D was wearing shortsleeves in the cold. 

38 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

And the SB is typically played somewhere nice so building a team around surviving the cold weather is a disadvantage. 

I don't think any team's roster building takes cold weather into account - Rodgers' Packers being Exhibit A - so this seems to be a moot point.

39 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Unrelated, as fun as it is to push these thread limits, probably time to have a thread specific for week 1 given it's less than two days to the start of the season.

You shut your [redacted] mouth!

Archived