Jump to content

NFL - 2022 Draft and Onward


Maithanet
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

For one - it’s the Browns. They will find a way to screw it up. 

As a Bengals fan, you should probably be very familiar with the concept of glass houses and stones. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Nic,

Hard to agree with that post. The wrong points overshadow the correct ones. Also, cocky Bengals fan because that's a thing now, look at the comps between the 2021* Browns and your 2021 orange cats:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/team/cle

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/team/cin 

Edited by Tywin et al.
2021*
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, briantw said:

As a Bengals fan, you should probably be very familiar with the concept of glass houses and stones. 

The Bengals have been an infinitely more stable franchise than the Browns since they returned to Cleveland. Especially at QB. And we probably have the best one we’ve ever had now (which is saying something considering Anderson and Boomer were both MVP’s). 

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Nic,

Hard to agree with that post. The wrong points overshadow the correct ones. Also, cocky Bengals fan because that's a thing now, look at the comps between the 2021* Browns and your 2021 orange cats:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/team/cle

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/team/cin 

Again, the Bengals addressed their only glaring weakness by bringing in 3 starting quality offensive linemen. We have cause to be cocky at this point. Who knows how it will work out, but on paper - a team that just lost in the Super Bowl by only 3 points has gotten even better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Again, the Bengals addressed their only glaring weakness by bringing in 3 starting quality offensive linemen. We have cause to be cocky at this point. Who knows how it will work out, but on paper - a team that just lost in the Super Bowl by only 3 points has gotten even better. 

Sure, the team this year should be better than last year's talent wise, but you need to be realistic and keep in mind that the Bengals wildly overperformed and did so by winning a ton of close games, including some that the other team clearly choked away. You cannot rely on that to carry over to the next season. I think the Bengals will make the playoffs again, but they're not like the Chiefs were you can just pencil them in for a deep playoff run.

And Idk anyone who doubts Burrow at this point. The questions are about your coach who most people still don't think is very good and more generally your team is owned by a useless idiot with a long track record of sucking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Nictarion said:

And Elway did. So what?

Keep doubting Joe Burrow if you want. 

Sorry, we were looking for "And Luck never made it at all." 

Thanks for playing, though, and make sure you the viewers tune in next week for Shittalk Showdowns!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Sure, the team this year should be better than last year's talent wise, but you need to be realistic and keep in mind that the Bengals wildly overperformed and did so by winning a ton of close games, including some that the other team clearly choked away. You cannot rely on that to carry over to the next season. I think the Bengals will make the playoffs again, but they're not like the Chiefs were you can just pencil them in for a deep playoff run.

And Idk anyone who doubts Burrow at this point. The questions are about your coach who most people still don't think is very good and more generally your team is owned by a useless idiot with a long track record of sucking.

It’s like the Browns in 2020.  We won a ton of close games and then in 2021 those games went the other way.  A lot of that was due to various injuries, as Baker got hurt in like week two and was generally terrible afterwards (except against the Bengals for whatever reason), but that’s part of the game.

The Bengals we’re a tremendously healthy team last year on a last place schedule.  They likely will suffer some significant injuries this year because that’s the game.  Will they be able to weather those plus a much harder schedule?  Most teams that lose their first Super Bowl regress pretty hard after.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

And Idk anyone who doubts Burrow at this point. The questions are about your coach who most people still don't think is very good and more generally your team is owned by a useless idiot with a long track record of sucking.

You aren’t wrong there, but thankfully at 86 years old he’s taken a step back, and let his daughter run things for the most part now. And she’s actually pretty good at it. The greatness of Paul Brown must have skipped a generation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, briantw said:

The Bengals we’re a tremendously healthy team last year on a last place schedule.  They likely will suffer some significant injuries this year because that’s the game.  Will they be able to weather those plus a much harder schedule?  Most teams that lose their first Super Bowl regress pretty hard after.  

Or just look at the Chiefs vs Bucs in the SB. The Chiefs were playing were a seriously depleted O-Line while the Bucs literally had all their starters in the game. Flip that and the Chiefs destroy the Bucs. It just works out that way sometimes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just saw ESPN do their rankings for the top ten receivers.  Deebo has his locker room fodder for the season there - he was ranked ninth, which is absolutely ludicrous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DMC said:

Just saw ESPN do their rankings for the top ten receivers.  Deebo has his locker room fodder for the season there - he was ranked ninth, which is absolutely ludicrous.

Shades of Percy Harvin (who I can't believe is only 34). He wasn't typically listed as a top five WR iirc, but at the same time talking heads were saying he might be the best offensive weapon in the league. It's just an inability for many to break from old ways of thinking. Deebo is top five along with Chase, JJ, Kupp and Hill. Many will have Adams top five, but I think he's going to take a dip this year without A.A.Ron. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Shades of Percy Harvin (who I can't believe is only 34). He wasn't typically listed as a top five WR iirc, but at the same time talking heads were saying he might be the best offensive weapon in the league. It's just an inability for many to break from old ways of thinking. Deebo is top five along with Chase, JJ, Kupp and Hill. Many will have Adams top five, but I think he's going to take a dip this year without A.A.Ron. 

Harvin never put up receiving numbers remotely close to Deebo last year (plus Deebo matched Harvin's best year rushing last year - with six more touchdowns). 

But generally you're right - in the blurb the reasoning emphasized a lot of the voters that dinged Deebo still considered him an elite weapon.  Still, if you're getting paid to vote on such a list you should maybe understand that Deebo was leading the league in receiving yards last season until Shanahan needed him to shoulder much of the running game load too.

Adams was ranked number 1 on the list, btw.  For me the top three are very clearly Adams, Kupp, and Deebo - at least based on last season (which these lists are).  Next season I agree, Adams will probably take a dip based on his new surroundings.  Hill too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, DMC said:

Harvin never put up receiving numbers remotely close to Deebo last year (plus Deebo matched Harvin's best year rushing last year - with six more touchdowns). 

My one pushback is during his best season he wasn't even a starter, Peterson was the best RB in the NFL and Sidney Rice was a Pro Bowler. There were a lot of mouths to feed and it didn't help that our coach was an idiot. KS with those dudes would be scary given all three made the PB despite Childress. 

Quote

But generally you're right - in the blurb the reasoning emphasized a lot of the voters that dinged Deebo still considered him an elite weapon.  Still, if you're getting paid to vote on such a list you should maybe understand that Deebo was leading the league in receiving yards last season until Shanahan needed him to shoulder much of the running game load too.

Another example, the old heads still doesn't recognize the value of elite TEs. Kittle's the highest paid at the position at $15m AAV. That would rank 24th among WRs between Sutton and Robbie Anderson. Kelce would rank 26th at $14.3m. Would you rather have either of them or Brandin Cooks at nearly $20m? Not a very hard choice...

Quote

Adams was ranked number 1 on the list, btw.  For me the top three are very clearly Adams, Kupp, and Deebo - at least based on last season (which these lists are).  Next season I agree, Adams will probably take a dip based on his new surroundings.  Hill too.

That's a joke. Maybe, maybe, you could say he's number one if he was still on the Packers, but even that to me is a stretch given what Kupp and Chase just did. And yeah, Hill is going to get a rude awakening this year. Nobody is high on Tua outside of Miami which is kind of shock. I thought he was going to be a great pro.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, briantw said:

"Go Cougars."  :lol:

You know what the sad part of that is though?  I can already see the Stephen A. Smiths and Colin Cowherds of the world bashing him for daring to have fun in life when his team isn't good.  "You went 4-13 last year and you think you should be out here making Cougar videos?!!!?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kyler Murray signs a six year, $230 million contract, with $160 million guaranteed.

Quote

The contract awarded to Murray is expectedly a massive one, per ESPN, paying him a total of $230.5 million with $160 million guaranteed -- making him the second-highest paid quarterback behind only Deshaun Watson of the Cleveland Browns.

Kyler Murray as the second highest paid qb in the league - what could go wrong?  Other than virtually everything.  Murray isn't a bad quarterback, and he is still young so maybe he'll develop into being a good one.  But that kind of money...oof.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think Kyler is that good. I understand he has had like two hot 8 or 9 game streaks, but people act like being "a legitimate MVP candidate" in week six... matters. It does not. 

When I watch the Cardinals the team they're playing either has the athleticism to keep up with the spread, in which case Kyler sucks, or they're built for 1999 and he looks like a god. 

Sure, I'd give him a mid-to-high eighties in Madden based on his physical talents. But he ain't no top ten QB to me. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...