Football: End of the seasons, start of the dramas.

A Horse Named Stranger

4 minutes ago, Ser Glendon Fireball said:

Real have beaten the Champions of France, then the Champions of Europe and finally the Champions of England to make it to the final. Despite all the good fortune etc, that's still a hell of a run.

In other words, Real Madrid have beaten the three petro cunts.

Florentino Perez has achieved his goal and saved football.

Real are jammy bastards but I'll take it. Hopefully we batter the fuckers in the final.

City are an excellent team but they're not great at pulling games back once they go behind. They were in control for so much of tonight but they didn't really put much pressure on Madrid in extra time.

RM in the CL are like the Terminator.  They just shrug off killing blows and keep coming at you.

I’m happier with them as an opponent for the final, even though they have far more big game experience and savvy than City.  I just prefer playing against foreign opponents in European competition.  If the choice was Norwich or RM, I’d still choose the jammy Spaniards.  Besides, we owe them for 2018.

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Couldn't watch the game. How the fuck do you score three goals in five minutes, including two like a minute apart? 

Shades of United in '99. Cracking stuff.

I just watched the game. Real didn't deserve the win, at least not after 90 minutes, but such is football. They had no shots on target until the 1st goal. City once again blew a game and Guardiola fucked up his substitutions.

At least now Liverpool have a chance of getting revenge on Real for that final a few years back.

@A Horse Named Stranger Let the end times come. :devil:

42 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Look it up. Manchester United vs Bayern Munich in the CL final of '99.

Thanks, just checked out a highlight of it. The wild finish is made crazier by all the near misses throughout the match.

4 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Winder how this will affect their confidence for the title run in. 

It's gonna fuck them up. Every single player on that pitch will be having nightmares about that game for years.

9 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Couldn't watch the game. How the fuck do you score three goals in five minutes, including two like a minute apart? 

Maybe watch the game and see? ;)

What stuck out to me more than anything in last night's match is how Pep seems to have checked out for extra time. His attempts at changing something and trying out something different started and ended with sending Sterling in. Not really enough for a manager widely considered to be one of the best in the world, is it? Also, I think he took De Bruyne out too early. I get it that the match seemed well in hand at that moment and he wanted to rest his best player for a title run but it turned out to be a wrong move.

As time goes on Pep's critics are being closer and closer to being right. Sure, it's an exaggeration to call him a fraud and stuff like that but ever since he left Barcelona he didn't really live up to his potential. Could be wrong, but I don't see how winning league titles and an occasional cup with Bayern and City are enough to secure his top manager in the world status. His squad in City is so good and so deep that he can have a Champions League knockout rounds level of quality match in every single training session. He just needs to do more.

Archived