Football: End of the seasons, start of the dramas.

A Horse Named Stranger

Yeah, I don't need tall mark noble in my team, especially for like the 80 - 100 million they want for him. I think the only way he gets a move is running down his contract.

13 hours ago, mormont said:

David 'you still might get a slap, even though you're a woman' Moyes? Surely not.

Yikes. Just looked that up, not sure how I missed it at the time but moyes can get in the bin.

1 hour ago, Mexal said:

Arsenal giving a new contract to Arteta. I'm behind it. I like the stability and show of support which I hope translates to another strong summer transfer window.

As long as you don't beat us to Victor Osimneh who we're reportedly both chasing

37 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

As long as you don't beat us to Victor Osimneh who we're reportedly both chasing

Will be very interesting what happens if we manage to get CL. If we fall in these last 4 games, not sure how our summer will truly go.

1 hour ago, The Sunland Lord said:

lol

My experiences with attending matches at the Bernebeu are from the 90s, but even back then, the supporters were for getting an early start to the kebab stand outside.

Granted, the stadium was a concrete bowl of no apparent attraction for the lingerer, but even so, as football supporters they were...unimpressive.

1 hour ago, The Sunland Lord said:

lol

It's funny how they suddenly remembered how much they paid for their tickets, started saying how they have season tickets etc.

If only they remembered that a bit earlier, they wouldn't have missed one of the best comebacks their team's had in last couple of decades or so.

6 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Speaking of lols...

Manchester City consider signing Paul Pogba on free from Manchester United

Manchester City are considering signing Paul Pogba on a free transfer when the Frenchman’s deal expires at rivals Manchester United in the summer. The Guardian understands Pogba is open to crossing the city.

No way are they that stupid to put that poison in their dressing room. 

Well, there probably still is a generational talent of footballer hidden deep inside Pogba. In a less dysfunctional enviroment it might come out again. So it makes sense for them at least discuess him internally. They are in the market for a Fernandinho replacement, I don't think that's gonna be Pogba in the end (the reduced game load might suit him, but it's really not his position). So I think, at the end of the day, they will pass on him, and he will end up at PSG.

Pogba is not a generational talent in any way. He's too lazy to play in City's midfield. He's also made of glass and looking for a big payday.

The conspirator in me says that this is just City messing with Joel Glazer hoping that he panics and gives an injury prone Pogba who only shows up for a dozen games a season a 500k/week contract.

Well, he was widely regarded as one of the most promising midfielders and future ballon d'or candidate, when he left Juventus. The talent was clearly there. It just withered at Old Trafford. Personally, I also consider it unlikely that he will turn his career around at this point and live up to his potential. But him performing better in a more functional enviroment, that I can see happening.

Lucas Moura was considered to be among the best young players in the world at one point too. Pogba is not a generational talent. That's moronic. De Bruyne is a generational talent; Pogba is not even half the player KdB is.

I'd be surprised if City sign him. He's not good enough and too lazy to play in their midfield. Pogba is the very definition of a luxury player. He's neither a replacement for Gundogan nor Fernandinho. PSG would be his best bet - he can get a fat paycheck while phoning it in, jogging around the pitch and not helping out defensively and still win league and cup titles.

Apparently a deal has been struck for the LA Dodgers’ owner lead consortium to take over Chelsea. So that’s the end of the Abramovich era subject to the government signing off on it.

ETA: The biggest shareholder is going to be a US private equity firm so you’d think it’ll be almost certain Chelsea will now have to operate within their means in the transfer market. That’ll probably drop them down into the Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs tier of spending.

Have to say , for the price, Pogba has been a disasteous signing.

On his day a brilliant player, there have been moments of outstanding quality, but the fact that it’s so easy to remember them is because they were so sporadic.

Would it have been a different story if he’d been allowed to be the luxury player rather than shoved into a central 2 or out wide? Maybe. It does seem strange so little effort was made to accommodate him based on how he’s excelled elsewhere 

34 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Lucas Moura was considered to be among the best young players in the world at one point too. Pogba is not a generational talent. That's moronic. De Bruyne is a generational talent; Pogba is not even half the player KdB is.

I'd be surprised if City sign him. He's not good enough and too lazy to play in their midfield. Pogba is the very definition of a luxury player. He's neither a replacement for Gundogan nor Fernandinho. PSG would be his best bet - he can get a fat paycheck while phoning it in, jogging around the pitch and not helping out defensively and still win league and cup titles.

No, like I said, I don't see City signing him. Not for lack of talent, which is still there somewhere. But wrong player for that squad. Barca's de Jong is a rumour that makes more sense from City's perspective. It'd be expensive, and be an expenditure on top of Haaland, but that's a signing I could see fitting into that City team. 

Archived