MCU: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of SPOILERS

ithanos

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Did anyone catch what Iluminati Universe Wanda said to 616 Wanda once 616 Wanda saw the horror of what she was doing to her children?  I couldn’t make it out… and… there are no subtitles in theaters.

When she touched her face? She said "They will be loved". 

22 minutes ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

In hindsight, that makes more sense.

I mean she enslaved an entire town just because she felt sad. I'm just thankful is was all part of a much bigger picture.

8 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

They said ‘Hong Kong and London’ I think, but I’m not sure why they merited a special introduction. Just to broaden all the sorcery stuff I guess.

In the first Dr Strange movie it's mentioned that there are three Sanctums outside Kamar-Taj; New York, Hong Kong, and London, so those two Sanctum leaders would be equal in rank to Strange.

The whole illuminati thing took place on a different world, so I don’t see how it threw Inhumans under the bus

right. different actors filling the roles of the captain and the other captain. just extrapolating that the whole lineup there is staffed differently. a bit of speculation, is all.

So I almost feel like I can tell where some of the reshoots for this film were. For example the scene that has Strange and Wong taking America to get lunch, after they first meet and mention Spider Man, feels like a reshoot.

I watched the film earlier today, it's not my favourite MCU film but I enjoyed it. For a lot of superhero films it feels like they could have been directed by anyone but this is unmistakeably a Sam Raimi film, perhaps even moreso than the Spiderman films. There was definitely some inspiration from the Evil Dead films for a lot of the shots, and it does give the action scenes a different feel to the other MCU films. I did wonder if they persuaded Raimi to direct it after explaining that it was a story about an Evil Book. I think the characters are perhaps the weaker element of this, Strange is an interesting character but not a likeable one, America didn't get much in the way of character development and although the rest of the cast had some great cameos none of them get a huge amount of screen time. I think Wanda makes for a better villain than we get in many MCU films, since we do know the backstory of how she ended up turning to the dark side. I thought it was interesting that while the film suggests every Strange has similar issues and are never really happy the alternate Wandas can be if they don't go through the trauma of losing Vision and what came afterwards.

One plot point that felt a bit odd was Wong telling Wanda about the original source of the Darkhold. As the Sorcerer Supreme I think that's the sort of information he should be keeping from her no matter what she threatens to do, the other sorcerers have shown their willingness to die if it stops her. I think it could have worked better if Wanda had used her powers to trick him into a revelation.

43 minutes ago, Denvek said:

The main lesson I learned from this film is that making Dr Strange the Sorcerer Supreme is a Bad Idea and Wong should make sure it never happens.

I mean Wong didn't exactly do a great job in this film either. He got a lot of his wizards killed and told Wanda exactly what she wanted to know and even took her to the place, where she'd be the most powerful and a great danger to the entire multiverse.

5 hours ago, sifth said:

So I almost feel like I can tell where some of the reshoots for this film were. For example the scene that has Strange and Wong taking America to get lunch, after they first meet and mention Spider Man, feels like a reshoot.

This was originally meant to come out before NWH, so it makes sense they would add that scene to mention they knew about the Multiverse

49 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

The doctor from What If had it.

I believe they're shown holding the stranges cloak when the illuminati are executing that one. 

2 hours ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

This was originally meant to come out before NWH, so it makes sense they would add that scene to mention they knew about the Multiverse

I know, but I usually can't spot reshoots, which is why that one stood out to me. I get the feeling the first scene with Strange and Wanda together was a reshot as well, since Strange was suppose to show up in Wanda Vision, before they removed him at the last minute.

I just realized how weird it was that when Wanda imagined her children with Vision she uuh, got it exactly right? I guess somehow she was inspired by the multiverse? I wonder was Vision their dad in that universe somehow?

50 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I just realized how weird it was that when Wanda imagined her children with Vision she uuh, got it exactly right? I guess somehow she was inspired by the multiverse? I wonder was Vision their dad in that universe somehow?

She probably dreamed it. Apparently dreams show actual events. Not sure if this applies to everyone.

17 hours ago, sifth said:

I know, but I usually can't spot reshoots, which is why that one stood out to me. 

At least no mustaches were CGI'd out or in. 

Archived