MCU: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of SPOILERS

ithanos

On 5/7/2022 at 5:21 PM, Denvek said:

While I liked the fan service of seeing Patrick Stewart in the big yellow chair, in live action it looks really dumb.

I'm also assuming that the 838-Ultrons were built by Reed Richards, which is why they didn't turn evil like Stark's 616-Ultrons.

And I'm impressed (but also creeped out) that Sam Raimi got to do as much as he did with the Illuminati fight scene - some of those deaths wouldn't be out of place in Invincible or The Boys.

The Boys wouldn’t have cut away from Captain Carter being cut in half.

On 5/7/2022 at 9:20 PM, sologdin said:

loved the evil dead joke of campbell fighting his own hand. none of rhe kids in the theater seemed to appreciate it.

I thought it was hilarious too. As I walked out of the theatre I heard one kid bemoan waiting 8 minutes for that.

Got to say, a week after seeing this, as much as I enjoy where 616 Strange is right now, What If? Strange is still my favourite. I can understand that Supreme Strange should be used sparingly, being so overpowered.

6 hours ago, RumHam said:

Oh man imagine they Clued the thing and distributed different reels for the Illuminati scene.

Cost and logistics aside, that would've been cool. Cycle through a bunch of different characters and actors (Tony with both Downey and Cruise, Reed with Gruffudd and Teller, etc).

It'd be like the Star Tours ride in Disney: every time you ride, there's a different combination of 4 scenes. 

16 minutes ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

She clearly wanted the kids she had in hear dreams that she also made in Wandavision. The Darkhold twisted that desire even further than in Wandavision I guess.

They still wouldn't be her kids, they'd be the Wanda from the alternate realities. The Darkhold theory makes the most sense, but it does seem kind of silly when you think about it. Heck if she asked America nicely, she'd probably be able to find Wanda a universe where those two kids don't have a mother and just step right in.

I did like the line “You know that dream where you get pushed off a cliff?  Yeah, that was probably me.”

Solid delivery there.

10 hours ago, Myrddin said:

Cost and logistics aside, that would've been cool. Cycle through a bunch of different characters and actors (Tony with both Downey and Cruise, Reed with Gruffudd and Teller, etc).

It'd be like the Star Tours ride in Disney: every time you ride, there's a different combination of 4 scenes. 

Just think how many more tickets they could have sold to fans who wanted to catch all the variations...

I think it may be for the best if no-one suggests that to them.

They still wouldn't be her kids, they'd be the Wanda from the alternate realities. The Darkhold theory makes the most sense, but it does seem kind of silly when you think about it. Heck if she asked America nicely, she'd probably be able to find Wanda a universe where those two kids don't have a mother and just step right in.

The Darkhold was clearly screwing with Wanda. It made it so Wanda would not even accept making America her permanent reality-travel slave. It was insisting on America's death which of course made any kind of negotiation with Strange impossible.

I can't say I actively disliked this, but definitely the most disappointed I've been at going to a MCU film in theaters.  Just felt disjointed and abrupt to the point I never really got into it.  And as their big blowout for Wanda going full heel it's really a profound disappointment considering how much they previously invested in the character.

On 5/11/2022 at 12:12 AM, sifth said:

Yeah, that they never even bothered with that option was complete nonsense. Also, shouldn't there be a universe where Wanda is dead, and Vision is still alive and a single dad to the kids and they can all be together? Shouldn't be that *unlikely* considering there is apparently also a cartoon universe.

Basically, every setting where a-not-insane character decides to destroy everyhing and or murder countless people just for a mundane reason like 'I want to be with my children' is a very bad setting by default.

Also - is Wanda dead now? We never saw her corpse, merely that a not-so-big mountain collapsed. Usually that's not enough to kill such powerful characters.

28 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

Also - is Wanda dead now? We never saw her corpse, merely that a not-so-big mountain collapsed. Usually that's not enough to kill such powerful characters.

She is dead until they have a story where they need her not to be dead.

1 hour ago, Lord Varys said:

She's dead until they renegotiate Elizabeth Olsen's contract. They're probably saving her interaction with White Vision, until/if that happens as well. I imagine they'll try to redeem the character if that ever happens.

I often wonder if the rumors that the delay of GotG vol 3 killed phase 4 of the MCU, because at the moment there really doesn't seem to be any direction.

7 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

Yeah, that they never even bothered with that option was complete nonsense. Also, shouldn't there be a universe where Wanda is dead, and Vision is still alive and a single dad to the kids and they can all be together? Shouldn't be that *unlikely* considering there is apparently also a cartoon universe.

I’m still not sure how many workable universes they’re portraying here; it may not be the full many-worlds of trillions upon trillions, seeing as we’re currently using 3 digits to count them (unless that’s just their labelling system, i.e, the 616th universe we discovered). I can’t recall if America said of the paint universe “yea you need to be careful of those” or just “that one” , if she’s revisited universes out of the 70 she’s been to that would seem to drastically reduce the numbers we’re talking about.

13 hours ago, sifth said:

I often wonder if the rumors that the delay of GotG vol 3 killed phase 4 of the MCU, because at the moment there really doesn't seem to be any direction.

This is my biggest gripe about phase 4 (ok, gripe may be too strong). Each movie/show is enjoyable (YMMV with Eternals) but there's no sense of a building story.

Archived