MCU: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of SPOILERS

ithanos

All of them are building story (apart from Moon Knight I guess which is just focused on itself) - there's just more than one going. WandaVision and to some extent No Way Home (though I get that was meant to be switched) built into this. Loki is setting up, to some extent, Quantumania. There's some building of Secret Wars especially in Far From Home, and you'd imagine Love and Thunder will lead into Guardians 3.

I get why that might seem directionless but it really just means there's more going on. Which ones will tie back more significantly into the phase-ending movie remains to be seen, if any, but then often it's not as if the first 3 phases were strongly linking so much as just introducing characters that would then be brought together.

I am surprised this didn't have a wider, almost Winter-Soldier-like, effect on the 'verse, but I assume at some point the multiverse will do that.

11 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

I think the post credit scene where Fury’s on the Skrull spaceship 

Oh do you mean secret invasion instead? I had literally no awareness of the Nick Fury end credit scene till just now, having turned off at the awful Venom one.

Secret Wars is something else, that really would be something

13 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

I think the post credit scene where Fury’s on the Skrull spaceship 

That was like 5 movies and 6 tv shows ago, lol

How are we suppose to keep track of all this stuff, ha ha ha

10 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

I’m still not sure how many workable universes they’re portraying here; it may not be the full many-worlds of trillions upon trillions, seeing as we’re currently using 3 digits to count them (unless that’s just their labelling system, i.e, the 616th universe we discovered). I can’t recall if America said of the paint universe “yea you need to be careful of those” or just “that one” , if she’s revisited universes out of the 70 she’s been to that would seem to drastically reduce the numbers we’re talking about.

If What If, is indeed canon, I imagine there are quite a lot of universes.

9 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Oh do you mean secret invasion instead? I had literally no awareness of the Nick Fury end credit scene till just now, having turned off at the awful Venom one.

Secret Wars is something else, that really would be something

Venom was No Way Home - the Skrull one was after Far From Home where it shows that the Fury and Maria Hill helping Spider-Man in Europe were actually Skrulls and the real Fury's off in space somewhere.

17 hours ago, DMC said:

There's also the Wandavision mid-credits scene where a skrull disguised as a LEO tells Monica that Fury wants to meet with her.

I literally forgot that scene existed. Keeping track of the MCU sort of hurts my head these days.

You know, I'm not one to nitpick movies and I really didn't have much to quibble with on this movie.

But... I did get to thinking this morning in the shower about America saying that she's the only one like her in the entire Multiverse.  Implication being that if Wanda wants to hop around and find her kids, she needs America's power.

And yet... the entire TVA in Loki could hop from branching timeline to timeline.  And in What If? both the Supreme Strange and Ultron could freely move between universes eventually.

:dunno: 

14 minutes ago, Rhom said:

But... I did get to thinking this morning in the shower about America saying that she's the only one like her in the entire Multiverse.  Implication being that if Wanda wants to hop around and find her kids, she needs America's power.

She’s the only America, specifically, because she doesn’t dream. I don’t think she ruled out other people traversing the multiverse.

I haven't seen the movie yet but there's some discussion about the violence in the film. Thoughts?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/05/13/yes-doctor-strange-is-a-pg-13-movie-stop-whining-about-it/

Also, Dr Strange 2 suffered an 81% drop from last Friday yet it still held on to #1. Did people just decide to not go to the movies for some reason? 

On 5/15/2022 at 2:38 AM, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I haven't seen the movie yet but there's some discussion about the violence in the film. Thoughts?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/05/13/yes-doctor-strange-is-a-pg-13-movie-stop-whining-about-it/

Also, Dr Strange 2 suffered an 81% drop from last Friday yet it still held on to #1. Did people just decide to not go to the movies for some reason? 

What else would people watch? 

There is nothing exciting in cinema apart from it right now I feel.

I mainly go to cinema for special effects and 3D or 4DX nowdays though.

54 minutes ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

I mainly go to cinema for special effects and 3D or 4DX nowdays though.

This is surely going to be the trend in the future, and maybe theatres need to adapt a lot quicker. 

There are a few movies I've been looking forward to watching recently, The Northman, Everything Everywhere All at Once and The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent. I don't really have the time or funds to just go to the cinema to see all them, as much as I might want to, and would prefer to watch them at home, and I'd guess a lot of other people would feel the same, are those really movies huge crowds are going to see on a Friday night?

So why don't theatres accept the new reality, show fewer movies, just the big blockbusters, but make a more immersive experience in some way. Make it an experience rather than just a movie, which is what these blockbusters aim to be anyway.

Then send everything else to streaming. It might end up being more profitable.

3 hours ago, IlyaP said:

https://collider.com/how-to-watch-marvel-movies-in-order/

Collider is suggesting Shang-Chi takes place before Doctor Strange 2.

There an MCU Super Fan here who can corroborate this information?

Banner still has a sling, and MoM takes place after NWH which we know is December 2024, over a year after Endgame. So that’s a very safe assumption, although we don’t know much else about Phase 4 chronology.

4 hours ago, IlyaP said:

https://collider.com/how-to-watch-marvel-movies-in-order/

Collider is suggesting Shang-Chi takes place before Doctor Strange 2.

There an MCU Super Fan here who can corroborate this information?

Just for funsies, I asked the google "watch mcu films in order". There are a lot of websites that feel the need to weigh in on this. Over, and over, and over... 

Archived