New Peek at House of the Dragon

The reporter made at least 5 mistakes in his recent articles. I won't trust anything he didn't put between quote marks. And he might have misheard something inside quotation marks too, like "GRRM thought the Velaryons could be black", the original word might well be "Valyrians".

11 minutes ago, zionius said:

The reporter made at least 5 mistakes in his recent articles. I won't trust anything he didn't put between quote marks. And he might have misheard something inside quotation marks too, like "GRRM thought the Velaryons could be black", the original word might well be "Valyrians".

Well...I don't think he was "actively trying" to obscure anything, just that he might have heard it wrong. I do recognize the distinction.

3 hours ago, zionius said:

GRRM thought the Velaryons could be black", the original word might well be "Valyrians".

I am quite certain that he did this, personally. We know George has spoken about having fiddled with the idea of making the Valyrians black.

He definitely misunderstood what Ryan was saying. I think he asked someone if it was the same one from the show, and he was told no by prop guys because it is in fact a different weapon that Condal had already stated the show had made. But Condal's actual response is pretty clear that it represents the same weapon.

12 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Corlys’ actor said one of the things he likes best about his character is that he and Rhaenys have a true love story. It makes me wonder if they’re going to tweak things a bit with the Hull bastards. Maybe they’ll be his nephews or something on the show.

Nothing to tweak there. We all know they are Laenor's sons.

The description of young Rhaenyra, and Eve’s comment about how Rhaenys thinks she needs to be taken down a peg, makes me think they might be going The Rogue Prince route for Rhaenyra, which placed more of an emphasis on her being a bit spoiled.

There are rumors that they’re going to make a big deal out Aegon I’s (alleged) vision of the White Walkers and how the Targaryens must keep the country unified for when they return. Props for embracing fantasy, but I honestly think this is a terrible idea. The Targs weren’t integral to saving humanity. It all came down to Arya returning to her family home in time for the invasion. The last Targ queen ended up killing more people than the Night King. A prophecy would just reinforce how dumb and pointless the WW threat was in the end.

1 hour ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

It all came down to Arya returning to her family home in time for the invasion.

If you look at the chain of events, Arya going down to King's Landing is integral to this, and that wouldn't have happened if the realm the Targaryens had unified hadn't remained unified under their immediate successor (even if for a relatively short time).

So as far as that goes, Aegon was right.

4 minutes ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

For what it's worth, the audition text for The Force Awakens was a scene from the Hunger Games.

Wow. What an interesting choice. Were they trying to keep it hidden that it was for the new Star Wars? 

6 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Corlys’ actor said one of the things he likes best about his character is that he and Rhaenys have a true love story. It makes me wonder if they’re going to tweak things a bit with the Hull bastards. Maybe they’ll be his nephews or something on the show.

Lies and slander. These salacious allegations of impropriety. You know better than to trust Mushroom's account.

7 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Steve Toussaint (Corlys Velaryon) also said he didn't read Fire and Blood just the script. As far as he knows now, Rhaenys and Corlys are a love match. He will have a surprise when he read the script for season 2 and learn about Addam and Alyn of Hull.

Steve also said he likes to portray a powerful character like Corlys because there is a challenge to humanise him and making him relatable despise all his wealth and power. Adding bastards to his loving marriage could be one more interesting challenge for him as an actor.

9 hours ago, Ran said:

If you look at the chain of events, Arya going down to King's Landing is integral to this, and that wouldn't have happened if the realm the Targaryens had unified hadn't remained unified under their immediate successor (even if for a relatively short time).

So as far as that goes, Aegon was right.

Something tells me most people aren’t going to find that rationale very satisfying. I certainly don’t.

Just now, The Bard of Banefort said:

Something tells me most people aren’t going to find that rationale very satisfying. I certainly don’t.

You aren't the median reader of the books or viewer of the show, as you must surely realize.

6 minutes ago, Ran said:

You aren't the median reader of the books or viewer of the show, as you must surely realize.

I don’t know, Ran. I was a lot less bothered by Jon not killing the Night King than most casual viewers seemed to be. In the end, a lot of people wanted a more straightforward fantasy fulfillment where the hero slays the monster in single combat. I think the reaction to The Long Night made this pretty clear.

The only way that the wight hunt/attempted treaty with Cersei could have been justified by the narrative was if Jaime killed NK, since he was the only person they convinced to join the fight. Dany deciding to put aside her quest for the throne was undercut by her then incinerating all of King’s Landing. She became a tyrant and Jon yelled at a dragon. That’s the Targaryen legacy in the show.

12 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

There are rumors that they’re going to make a big deal out Aegon I’s (alleged) vision of the White Walkers and how the Targaryens must keep the country unified for when they return. Props for embracing fantasy, but I honestly think this is a terrible idea. The Targs weren’t integral to saving humanity. It all came down to Arya returning to her family home in time for the invasion. The last Targ queen ended up killing more people than the Night King. A prophecy would just reinforce how dumb and pointless the WW threat was in the end.

Well, I'm not going to bother that this is a show that takes place in the silly 'GoT universe' so I'd have no issue at all if it was closer to the books in certain aspects and thus 'contradicting' the so-called 'show canon'.

5 hours ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

Steve Toussaint (Corlys Velaryon) also said he didn't read Fire and Blood just the script. As far as he knows now, Rhaenys and Corlys are a love match. He will have a surprise when he read the script for season 2 and learn about Addam and Alyn of Hull.

Steve also said he likes to portray a powerful character like Corlys because there is a challenge to humanise him and making him relatable despise all his wealth and power. Adding bastards to his loving marriage could be one more interesting challenge for him as an actor.

Again, no need for any surprises there. The Hull boys can be Laenor's sons, after all. Might even be the better plotline considering they might then be Corlys' only biological grandsons.

10 minutes ago, The Dragon Demands said:

Which is what I’ve been saying! :)

yeah .... that would be.. interesting:) 

I still think ( =hope) that everyone will see it's much better to make the Mouse Corlys's illegitimate daughter previous to his so called "love match"  :closedeyes:

Archived