New Peek at House of the Dragon

1 hour ago, Ran said:

That's why I mentioned Maegor and Jaehaerys. Jaehaerys might have taken it to distinguish him from Maegor and Viserys kept it.

You may be right that Jaehaerys adopted the 4-legged sigil, but I am going go with a different reason as to why - in book canon, Alysanne had great influence on Jaehaerys. While she didn't rule and her authority as queen didn't extend to being able to enact laws, because of her a few significant laws were enacted by Jaehaerys. It's possible Condal decided to go further, and actually have Jaehaerys and Alysanne as co-rulers of the Seven Kingdoms. Thus the double pairs of legs and wings signify this. (Now lets see if I think like Condal :D)

So at 2:51 we have a couple of drummers dressed in Blackfyre livery with the 4-legged dragon and next to them a household guard with the 2-legged dragon on his pauldron. In the words of Jar Jar Binks: MY GIVE UP! 

Yeah, the pauldron thing is .... pretty funny.

Basically, all the banners are right, the shields are right... but the asset management team still mixed things up when they sent things to the armorers, hence he 2 legged dragon on Daemon's armor and the pauldrons of those Targaryen household guards

49 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Great article from Hibberd and THR. Thank God they didn’t pursue the Aegon I pitch (it says here that Aegon was written as a “drunken lout”).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/house-of-the-dragon-game-of-thrones-prequels-1235181929/

“You know we have to change some names,” Sapochnik told Condal.

And Condal replied: “We can’t.”

And this alone puts Condal above D&D.

Alicent really does look neurotic in all these photos. I half expect her to break out an axe and start swinging.

They’re being awfully coy about Rhaenyra marrying Daemon, despite showing their wedding ceremony in the trailer. I can only guess that they don’t want to confuse people too much right now.

2 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Great article from Hibberd and THR. Thank God they didn’t pursue the Aegon I pitch (it says here that Aegon was written as a “drunken lout”).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/house-of-the-dragon-game-of-thrones-prequels-1235181929/

2 hours ago, Ran said:

The God Force Seven pitch is ... incredible.

2 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Let’s be honest, that would have been fun to watch, if not for the right reasons :D

When I first read the "Drunken lout" idea for Aegon I in that article, I was a bit confused as well as a bit pissed off, but reading the above posts put together has changed my mind.  I cannot think past the idea of Aegon I as a Targ version of past his prime Robert Baratheon, but now, The God Force Seven.......really does sound like Pulp Fiction's Uma Thurman's Mia Wallace talking about her failed pilot of Fox Force Five? (was it), and now, I really can't help but LMAO.  Still, I'm not sure which is more ridiculous of an idea?  Seven Save Us All, but how did such STUPID ideas get any airing with HBO??  

3 hours ago, Ran said:

The God Force Seven pitch is ... incredible.

3 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Let’s be honest, that would have been fun to watch, if not for the right reasons :D

Marvel already did it. It's called The Eternals. Even had the same music composer and two GoT alumni. :P

3 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

“You know we have to change some names,” Sapochnik told Condal.

And Condal replied: “We can’t.”

And this alone puts Condal above D&D.

They'll probably change the names of unimportant tertiary characters that sound too alike, but keep the names of the main characters the same.

4 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I kind of like the idea of a drunk-ass Aegon I getting all the credit, while his sister-wives do all the work. LOL. 

19 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Oh ya gonna re read fire and blood I think. I’ve let the hype get ahold of me

You go, you!

I’m rereading myself along with GOO’s podcast. They are rather slow with the chapters :D but Hannah & Luke are fun and relaxed about it. Anyway it makes for a good recap. We’re close to getting to the HotD stuff! It’s The Long Reign of J & Ally next and then off we go…

17 minutes ago, TormundsWoman said:

You go, you!

I’m rereading myself along with GOO’s podcast. They are rather slow with the chapters :D but Hannah & Luke are fun and relaxed about it. Anyway it makes for a good recap. We’re close to getting to the HotD stuff! It’s The Long Reign of J & Ally next and then off we go…

GOO?

Archived