US Politics: A Post-Roe Country

DMC

Madison Cawthorn is threatening to go after establishment Republicans following his Republican primary defeat on Tuesday. 
In an Instagram post, he stated it was "time for Dark MAGA to take command." 

https://www.politico.com/minutes/congress/05-19-2022/restaurant-aid-flops/

In a Thursday Instagram post, the outgoing 26-year-old congressman previewed his plans after this Congress session concludes in January, with the North Carolina Republican suggesting he’s prepared to target the GOP establishment. He's not yet naming names.

“I am on a mission now to expose those who say and promise one thing yet legislate and work towards another, self-profiteering, globalist goal. The time for gentile politics as usual has come to an end. It’s time for the rise of the new right, it’s time for Dark MAGA to truly take command. We have an enemy to defeat, but we will never be able to defeat them until we defeat the cowardly and weak members of our own party. Their days are numbered.”

— Rep. Madison Cawthorn in an Instagram post

Huh? If you’re confused what Dark MAGA means, you aren’t alone. The simple answer is it seems to be an “edgier” version of the Trump-supporting MAGA-verse.

10 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Madison Cawthorn is threatening to go after establishment Republicans following his Republican primary defeat on Tuesday. 

Explain it to your elderly relatives like this - “Ok, can imagine that MAGA is a person?  Do you have an image of them in your mind?  Ok - Dark MAGA is the part of that person where the sun doesn’t shine.  It’s yet to be determined if they believe in dark magic, but the name points in that direction.”

1 hour ago, Martell Spy said:

The time for gentile politics as usual has come to an end. It’s time for the rise of the new right, it’s time for Dark MAGA to truly take command.

Was he stroking a cat as he said this or being loaded into a nuclear powered mech? 

Not sure if this has been posted here yet, but just in case, fuck this guy:

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Thursday became the first member of Congress to publicly call for Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney to step down as House Democrats’ campaign chairman if he ends up in a primary with a Democratic colleague.

In an interview Thursday, Ocasio-Cortez called Maloney’s decision to run in the newly drawn district that includes most of Rep. Mondaire Jones’ (D-N.Y.) current constituents “terrible” and “hypocritical” — and she said “it absolutely further imperils our majority.”

“Given the resources that he has at his helm, it creates a conflict of interest, Ocasio-Cortez said at the Capitol, noting that Maloney declined to run in another district where most of his current constituents now live. “If he’s going to enter in a primary and challenge another Democratic member, then he should step aside from his responsibilities at the DCCC.”

Ocasio-Cortez is the first Democratic incumbent to say Maloney should be stripped of his leadership position — though scores of others have privately agreed and publicly expressed shock and outrage that he would choose to run in the newly redrawn district that so closely resembles Jones’ seat, when some 70 percent of Maloney’s constituents are in a district to the north. Members from across the ideological spectrum 
echoed Ocasio-Cortez’s concern that Maloney’s choice poses a conflict of interest.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/19/ocasio-cortez-calls-on-maloney-to-resign-dccc-chairmanship-if-he-primaries-colleague-00033811

2 hours ago, VigoTheCarpathian said:

Explain it to your elderly relatives like this - “Ok, can imagine that MAGA is a person?  Do you have an image of them in your mind?  Ok - Dark MAGA is the part of that person where the sun doesn’t shine.  It’s yet to be determined if they believe in dark magic, but the name points in that direction.”

Dark MAGA? Ben Carson? :leaving:

Yes, yes, yes. I know not funny. But I am merely fishing for a shocked laugh here. 

4 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

After all he did for the cocaine orgies, does anyone actually think Madison is going to be let into any double secret Dark MAGA club...?

He does like to secretly film himself in compromising positions, so no.  What’s that joke about not wanting to be in a group/club that would accept the joke teller as a member?  Yeah, that’s Matty.

5 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

None of you have yet noticed that he misspelled "genteel" as "gentile". One should ask him if he meant non-Jewish or non-Mormon politics. :)

6 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Was he stroking a cat as he said this or being loaded onto nuclear powered mech legs? 

Honestly, I just assume he's saying this in a Christian Bale Batman growl. This was a senseless act and that is about as much sense as I can make of it.

4 hours ago, Ormond said:

None of you have yet noticed that he misspelled "genteel" as "gentile". One should ask him if he meant non-Jewish or non-Mormon politics. :)

With his use of "globalist" and his fascination with Nazis I'm not so sure it was a misspelling.  I think he's using an air horn instead of a dog whistle.  

On 5/19/2022 at 6:33 AM, karaddin said:

I can't believe that is real, he looked like he wanted the ground to swallow him up as soon as he realised

I found it entirely disgusting how the audience laughed, as if it was a cute harmless gaffe/senior moment. Let's ignore the thousands upon thousands tortured, killed, displaced, sure, let's chuckle because dude is getting on. Also, wonder what that says about countries electing octogenarians in leadership roles? Isn't Biden older than 75 (and Trump)? 

On 5/18/2022 at 2:08 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Idk if he's reached lvl 20 Jewish Space Lasers yet.

I'll probably regret asking this but, for the love of God, what are Jewish Space Lasers?

11 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

It seems to me that Trump is increasingly, in Republican terms, a moderate, compared to the others.

47 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I'll probably regret asking this but, for the love of God, what are Jewish Space Lasers?

Marjorie Taylor Green, the bottomlessly stupid and bigoted Republican Representative from Georgia, and embodiment of the term "kakistocracy", blamed California wildfires on lasers in space, operated by a nefarious globalist cabal, including the Rothschilds.

Yep, we have a real live Pentavirate believer in Congress.

https://www.vox.com/22256258/marjorie-taylor-greene-jewish-space-laser-anti-semitism-conspiracy-theories

Mo Brooks is currently enjoying a surge in the polls in the GOP primary for Alabama Senate.  If you don't recall, Trump rescinded his endorsement after Brooks went from prohibitive frontrunner down to a nadir of ~12% back in March.  Now he's back within striking distance of the lead at ~30%.

This is not to suggest Alabama Republicans are all of a sudden turning to Brooks due to a dislike of Trump.  But it does further underscore the increasing irrelevance of Trump's endorsement (or lack thereof).

Archived