US Politics: A Post-Roe Country

DMC

On 5/17/2022 at 7:08 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Early results suggest Cawthorn will have plenty of free time soon to visit other Nazi historical sites in between his regularly scheduled coke fueled orgies. 

You forgot to include his time consuming anal bleaching sessions, poor guy, there wasn't enough hours in the day for him.

@I’m not huge on schadenfreud  -- Scott, what happened?  Who is who? What?  I left this thing running while doing household tasks and haven't a clue because the language is deliberately obfuscating, non-specific about everything.  He's talking to the inside -- whatever the inside is -- which I presume is a split from another pc group.

If you know, please inform!

My take-aways -- no trucks, not really, nice, new shiny vehicles, however, and these guys don't like to drive slowly, which I thought was their point, as well as the honky honkin'.  :dunno:

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I’m not huge on schadenfreud but I have to admit enjoying watching the “People’s convoy” implode from internal divisions last night in the live stream I’m attaching:

I saw some of that, me thinks when the State Troopers told them there was no contract and they had to leave the speedway, whoops, some of them realized that yes, they had been grifted.    :lol:

17 minutes ago, Zorral said:

My take-aways -- no trucks, not really, nice, new shiny vehicles, however, and these guys don't like to drive slowly, which I thought was their point, as well as the honky honkin'.  :dunno:

Here is a good thread on all the shenanigans.  Complete with yelling, profanity, accusations, tears. and perhaps a bit of reality getting through to these people that they have been grifted.  

8 minutes ago, LongRider said:

the State Troopers told them there was no contract and they had to leave the speedway,

Is that what the live vid feed was about?  That a couple of the prominent pc leadership had grifted all the rest of them by lying there was a contract with the MD -- or was it VA? -- Speedway?  I thought they had to leave no matter what about now anyway due to the Speedway's seasonal re-opening.

BTW -- and especially considering this thread's title -- the article in the Atlantic again gives us all the factual, medically scientific reasons why pregnancy in no way is a legal matter and should never be regulated by courts, fer pete's sake!  The courts have no place in pregnancy, none whatsoever.  Rape, yes, incest, yes, but those are not pregnancy, those are crimes. Pregnancy is not a crime; terminating one shouldn't be, any more than any other form of birth control.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/05/roe-overturn-high-risk-pregnancy-late-abortion/629921/

.... When I train medical students, I emphasize that almost nobody is more acutely aware of time than an obstetrician is. Whenever doctors in my field are briefed about a new patient, the first question we ask is: “How many weeks?” The answer affects everything. A pregnant patient diagnosed with high blood pressure at 12 weeks is usually suffering from chronic hypertension, a condition not immediately dangerous to her. At 37 weeks, a similar blood-pressure reading signals preeclampsia, a direct risk to the patient and her fetus. A patient whose water breaks the week before her due date, at 39 weeks, is probably going to have a healthy baby; someone in the same situation at 20 weeks faces a terrifying ordeal that will probably end in infection and pregnancy loss. The dangers that a patient faces, the treatment options we can consider, the risks she may be willing to take—all of these evolve over the nine months of a pregnancy. The only people who understand this better than obstetricians do are our pregnant patients themselves, who count every passing moment in their bodies ....

As I don't have a twitter account I can't read them beyond the very top entry.  This is the case even though every day so many people send me twitters and I check them out and share them with others. Go figger.

Edited to add, this is a good non-twit source, easily found once knowing what was going on:

https://jalopnik.com/peoples-convoy-too-busy-punching-each-other-to-sneak-ba-1848954352

And this one, by same journalist:

https://jalopnik.com/peoples-convoy-now-wants-to-make-citizens-arrests-of-po-1848692823

This one reports on, among other things, the pc jerkwaddies discussing methods for making citizen arrests on everyone from the D.C. mayor, any old citizen who holds up their pc progress -- and the cops, because the cops forced them to pee their pants.

This has been their identity for so long, now what?  They can't let it go.  It's like the rest of the tRumpistas, who tRump has so gleefully grifted right in their faces -- they can't let him go. Coz, then they'd be wrong, and then what?

20 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Is that what the live vid feed was about?  That a couple of the prominent pc leadership had grifted all the rest of them by lying there was a contract with the MD -- or was it VA? -- Speedway?  I thought they had to leave no matter what about now anyway due to the Speedway's seasonal re-opening.

What I could glean is that the truckers thought that they could stay longer at the speedway ‘cuz they had been told by the people who organized and collected the money said so and the truckers thought there was a contract for this. 
The troopers talked to the speedway folks who said ‘Nope, and everyone has to leave now. ‘ and the troopers told them they had to leave.

That was when the truckers realized that they had been had. 

2 minutes ago, LongRider said:

they had been had

The articles I've linked to above really lays it all out clearly too.  Couldn't have happened to any more deserving.

Another reason one never wants to make an army out of these ilks.  Not only do they grift first, second and third -- see their Rumper leadergawd -- they can't keep their mouths shut, and they don't know shyte about anything, except lying and stealing.  They can't even work for a living these honkin' honkers.

16 minutes ago, LongRider said:

That was when the truckers realized that they had been had. 

However, there is this, according to 'someone' who has been monitoring this closely:

Some weird shit is going down though. This Grey Wolf guy, a streamer,  was saying that cessation of the convoy needed to happen because, without naming names, but calling out that Santa dude was walking everyone into another January 6 type thing. Grey Wolf has high tailed it out because he and a few others say they are not safe. He is saying that Santa guy hijacked the convoy in California and with all the shit going down about keeping everything secretive and doing all this secret squirrel stuff. He is saying that people that would have gone down tonight, or may in the morning will get arrested and have their vehicles impounded.

This Santa guy has ties with the Proud Boys, so who knows what was going to happen down there. Were their others that secretly in town and the was using this a cover for something else.... Seems like that is what Grey Wolf and the convoy organizers thought and shut it down as fast as they could as far as the “The People’s Convoy” branding and financials are concerned. Basically closing it all up before something happened.

One would prefer to dismiss this along with all the stupid shyte these stupid shytes think and do -- but it is also the case that these stupid shytes are consciously groomed to be used as shock troops etc. by some others who aren't quite as ineffectual, or wouldn't be as ineffectual if they had more effectual shock troops.

59 minutes ago, Zorral said:

As I don't have a twitter account I can't read them beyond the very top entry.  This is the case even though every day so many people send me twitters and I check them out and share them with others. Go figger.

Edited to add, this is a good non-twit source, easily found once knowing what was going on:

https://jalopnik.com/peoples-convoy-too-busy-punching-each-other-to-sneak-ba-1848954352

And this one, by same journalist:

https://jalopnik.com/peoples-convoy-now-wants-to-make-citizens-arrests-of-po-1848692823

This one reports on, among other things, the pc jerkwaddies discussing methods for making citizen arrests on everyone from the D.C. mayor, any old citizen who holds up their pc progress -- and the cops, because the cops forced them to pee their pants.

This has been their identity for so long, now what?  They can't let it go.  It's like the rest of the tRumpistas, who tRump has so gleefully grifted right in their faces -- they can't let him go. Coz, then they'd be wrong, and then what?

That’s where I found the livefeed recording.

14 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Some weird shit is going down though. This Grey Wolf guy, a streamer,  was saying that cessation of the convoy needed to happen because, without naming names, but calling out that Santa dude was walking everyone into another January 6 type thing.

Good grief.  Wonder what the FBI monitoring these folks livestreams, videos and social media postings think of all this.

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

If you take a Twitter URL and replace the twitter.com domain with nitter.net then you can read them all without an account, like so:

https://nitter.net/ZTPetrizzo/status/1527801150237458433

A notorious Hungarian racist who has called Jews “stinking excrement”, referred to Roma as “animals” and used racial epithets to describe Black people, was a featured speaker at a major gathering of US Republicans in Budapest.

Zsolt Bayer took the stage at the second day of the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) Hungary, a convention that also featured speeches from Donald Trump, Fox News host Tucker Carlson, and Trump’s former White House chief of staff, Mark Meadows.

Trump shares CPAC Hungary platform with notorious racist and antisemite
Hungarian talkshow host who has called Jews ‘stinking excrement’ and Roma ‘animals’ addresses rightwing conference

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/21/trump-shares-cpac-hungary-platform-racist-antisemite

Louisiana Republican Says His State’s Maternal Death Rate Is ‘Only Bad If You Include Black Women’

“About a third of our population is African American; African Americans have a higher incidence of maternal mortality. So, if you correct our population for race, we’re not as much of an outlier as it’d otherwise appear,” Republican Senator Bill Cassidy said in an interview with POLITICO. “Now, I say that not to minimize the issue but to focus the issue as to where it would be. For whatever reason, people of color have a higher incidence of maternal mortality.”

Cassidy kept making it worse, saying, “So, if you correct our population for race, we’re not as much of an outlier as it’d otherwise appear.”
(...)

Louisiana has one of the worst maternal mortality rates in the country, ranking 47th out of the 48 states assessed, according to state officials. But one of two white male Republican Senators representing the state, who also happens to be a medical doctor, says that’s only because Louisiana’s statistics include Black women.

“About a third of our population is African American; African Americans have a higher incidence of maternal mortality. So, if you correct our population for race, we’re not as much of an outlier as it’d otherwise appear,” Republican Senator Bill Cassidy said in an interview with POLITICO. “Now, I say that not to minimize the issue but to focus the issue as to where it would be. For whatever reason, people of color have a higher incidence of maternal mortality.”

https://i.insider.com/6288ecc1b0a8be00185feaf7?width=2000&format=jpeg&auto=webpPIN IT

Cassidy kept making it worse, saying, “So, if you correct our population for race, we’re not as much of an outlier as it’d otherwise appear.”

According to Louisiana’s Department of Health, “four black mothers die for every white mother” in the state. It outpaces a three-to-one ratio nationwide, which is already the worst in the developed world. The CDC reports that Black women in America are “disadvantaged in their access to care, quality of care, the prevalence of chronic diseases, structural racism, and implicit biases” in healthcare. (...)

Asked by Politico how maternal death rates may be affected by his state’s trigger law to immediately outlaw abortion if the Supreme Court overturns Roe v Wade and allows states to implement their own restrictions, Cassidy said: “If we’re using abortion to limit maternal deaths, that’s kind of an odd way to approach the problem.”

https://hillreporter.com/louisiana-republican-says-his-states-maternal-death-rate-is-only-bad-if-you-include-black-women-131968

Saw that this morning and ruined my breakfast.  The only real people, the only real citizens, the only real Murkans, yaddayaddayadda.  Only White counts as all three.

News for you White ladies, btw -- you, being a lady, aren't a real people, a real citizen, or a real Murkan either.  Your job is to produce Real People.  If you don't, you go to jail.

In times past various members of this board have extrapolated second and third order consequences for given (political) actions.  Now, there are others here much better than me at this sort of thing, but I figure I might be able to at least get the ball rolling -

So, say, worst comes to worst and the anti-abortion fanatics get the nationwide ban they've been aiming at for decades. Immediate consequences include:

higher birthrate among all races, not just whites. People of color already have higher birthrates than white, so this policy will dramatically increase that trend. Hence, this works counter to the goal of a 'white America.'

Increased mortality among pregnant women. Besides the tragic loss of life, this presents the foes of the anti-abortion crowd with ready-made political ammunition.

Worth pointing out here that almost all democrats and a large minority of republican's support abortion in at least some circumstances some of the time. Probably one voter in four or five can be considered ardent anti-abortion.

Next up, we have the 'consequences of victory' aspect - campaigning on the evils of abortion has been a right-wing thing for multiple decades, and there is quite the machine built to this end. However, victory undermines the existence of this machine. So, they move the goal posts to include a ban on contraception and legal restrictions on what women can and cannot do. Being fanatics, part of a fanatical machine, they don't really have a choice here.

This leads to the next consequence - internal splitting. The restrictions the anti-abortion fanatics will push for will, in turn alternate increasing numbers of 'regular republican's' and prompt messy internal faction fights. Yes, the anti-abortion zealots might still account for one in four or one in five of the overall populaces, but the faction fights will dilute their effectiveness.

What will also hinder this movement to no end is the internal hypocrisy and corruption - think of the numerous anti-gay republicans who ended up joining the 'log cabin group,' and the continuing financial scandals amongst Trump fans. This group will be no different - individual leaders in this movement *WILL* get caught sneaking over the border to get abortions for the mistresses or daughters or whatnot, and that will taint their internal credibility.

This 'extended campaign' will also prompt a truly massive backlash. Assuming a competent democratic party, this has the potential for many members of this faction to be swept out of office in a 'wave.'

2 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

Trump shares CPAC Hungary platform with notorious racist and antisemite
Hungarian talkshow host who has called Jews ‘stinking excrement’ and Roma ‘animals’ addresses rightwing conference

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/21/trump-shares-cpac-hungary-platform-racist-antisemite

Could a US Republican politician get away with expressing similar opinions to Bayer?

Archived