US Politics: A Post-Roe Country

DMC

Another school shooting.

Texas.  On the border.  An elementary school.  At least 2 dead, 14 injured.  Who was it again, scoffing at the need for children in school to learn lockdown drills and evasive action for shooters coming to their school to kill them, since the chances of a little kid getting shot in a school is soooooooooooooooooooooooo tiny?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/24/us/uvalde-texas-elementary-school-shooting/index.html

:crying:  :crying:  :crying:

22 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Another school shooting.

Texas.  On the border.  An elementary school.  At least 2 dead, 14 injured.  Who was it again, scoffing at the need for children in school to learn lockdown drills and evasive action for shooters coming to their school to kill them, since the chances of a little kid getting shot in a school is soooooooooooooooooooooooo tiny?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/24/us/uvalde-texas-elementary-school-shooting/index.html

:crying:  :crying:  :crying:

I can't remember, thank christ, but I do recall having to log to avoid going olden days on their stupidly insensitive ass. 

Dead Kids: too many

Gun Control: [sad laugh] 

edit: hope this is wrong

Watching a replay of Abbott's presser: 'he shot and killed, horrifically, incomprehensibly, fourteen students, and killed a teacher.'

Certainly confusing how he relayed that information.

Man...

12 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

I just looked at my Fb page and the top story is from the NYT, saying 14 dead. I guess we need to wait an hour to get more confirmations.

11 minutes ago, JGP said:

Watching a replay of Abbott's presser: 'he shot and killed, horrifically, incomprehensibly, fourteen students, and killed a teacher.'

Certainly confusing how he relayed that information.

Man...

Well as to that, all I can is, fuck Greg Abbott! 

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

That phrasing is missing the point tho. In what other countries do you need to have  active shooter drills? Only in America.

I don't think his lawfully armed civilians are doing much good.  According to wikipedia from 2018 through the end of 2021 these have been 1,750 mass shooting events where 10,000 people were shot and 2,000 of those died, and I can only remember one event where an armed civilian shot the shooter, and that was when he was leaving the scene after having already shot a bunch of people.

Here I thought today was a nice day, with weather perfect, able to do my own things for a while instead 'school' stuff and domestic stuff, and friends all fairly stable.

That got fixed good.

TX politicians say teachers unions are the cause of the murders, because instead of arming themselves, learning to use guns, they groom our children to hate white America.

I’m retiring from this day.  :crying:

2 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I see it’s now 18 children dead and 2 adults.

Could be 180 children and 20 adults, elected Republicans still wouldn't care. And it hasn't taken long to hear so many of them say schools need to be armed, can't touch the guns and shame on libtards for politicizing a tragedy by suggesting gun control is a solution.

Thoughts and prayers and all that bullshit from emotionless sociopaths devoid of a sense of humanity.

A Partial List of Mass Shootings in the United States in 2022:

https://www.nytimes.com/article/mass-shootings-2022.html

How more brilliant a strategy than this can the white male xtian nationalist fascists have -- they don't need to pay or reward those who do it.  All they need to do is keep ramping up mental illness and hatred -- and guns.

War, people.  Their strategy of  domestic terrorism works.  Who knew?

Archived