Westworld X: Reloaded for Fourth Season

Myrddin

18 minutes ago, JGP said:

Former military operator, some PTSD, but direction and acting have gone off angle compared to most characters with that background. Caleb's restraint, doesn't puff his chest, capable but doesn't broadcast overmuch, that also works for me. 

I liked the scene from the final episode last season where Dolores was one of the “rescued” women in the military operation and one of the soldiers thought they should be just like the rich dudes and have their way with them. He said no, we’re not like them, and let’s face it, Dolores fell in love.

Might sour depending on the landing, but I love this show. 

Now it'll get scattered for a bit as it pulls the others together, which might suck as they're picking up steam. I'm curious about what's making Caleb so special. Maybe new Dolores is writing him, and Dolores Prime knows it. No fucking idea. Will the Billiams figure out how to rebel? 

Please don't have the weapon be the macguffin, just Bernard ruthlessly tripped out on probabilities. He had zero compunction against instigating and killing two men to ride the line.

This season might need a lot of episodes.     

13 minutes ago, JGP said:

Please don't have the weapon be the macguffin, just Bernard ruthlessly tripped out on probabilities. He had zero compunction against instigating and killing two men to ride the line.

This season might need a lot of episodes.     

Well, one man and one host. 

I just adore their future vision. I love that for the most part things are often the same with some flourishes. There are new neat cars and old shitwagons. There are still regular guns and other things that just work. It's a great weird awesome vision.

Agree completely. And honestly, it's also kind of hard to fathom how it hasn't been cancelled yet. HBO is defying their usual metrics there maybe.

If it ends up being some war of stories for the minds of remnant humanity, I might chuck a remote though.

I admit, when I saw that woman's car and then later saw her buddies in the Contaminated Lands, it reminded me a lot of the Nomads in the Badlands in Cyberpunk 2077. Heh.

I liked the episode, particularly the look at another iteration of the park story, or the fact that they've gone ahead and actually turned the "Westworld Massacre" into its own storyline. Fun.

Finally, as to whether Bernard is in the Sublime still, I don't think so. I think his timeline in the real is now more-or-less matched to Maeve, Caleb, William, and Halores, and no doubt they'll be crossing paths in an episode or two. Then in the Sublime we have "not Dolores", who we took a break from, but I'm guessing we're going to see her story centered next episode. I did like Bernard seeing that tower as he approached the place where Akecheta was. Are we to take it "not Dolores" is just exploring one of the infinite worlds they can create to their liking, but some damage or flaw in her is corrupting it and making it break down? Which I suspect may end up threatening the entirety of the Sublime, which may in turn impact the fate of humanity that Bernard is trying to resolve.

Bernard and Stubbs still being in the sublime would be the type of "twist" that just pisses viewers off a la season two.  I do like the idea that Bernard is basically a mobile Rehoboam now, and they're clearly having fun with it.

On 7/11/2022 at 8:55 PM, KalVsWade said:

Come on, the instrumental version of Enter Sandman was fucking awesome

Best part of the show.  I like that the piano was playing Billie Eilish too.  It's a part of the show I always liked.  But Enter Sandman was the best.

I figured Caleb was a major character from now on.  I'd imagine they'd contrive some way to save him, to get that "reunite with his wife and kid" moment to close the season.  I guess they could go a different way with that, but I am not sure I'd want to bet on it.

11 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I was surprised when I saw the news Aaron Paul was joining Black Mirror.

It's an anthology show. It doesn't usually take much time. Aaron Paul amusingly was already on black mirror once (albeit voice only).

Archived