Football: Squeaky Bum Time

Raja

1 hour ago, Iskaral Pust said:

City dropping points means Liverpool still have to try to win against Southampton.  I don’t know what kind of team they can field after Saturday.  Too many players are exhausted and on the cusp of injury.

Even if, City would still need drop points against Villa. And as if Gerrard could ever win the league for Liverpool... :leaving:

2 hours ago, Raja said:

How much do the Scots in here know about this man? I need reviews.

Relatively little considering he was a Hearts player. But he only played for us at youth level and then for one season at senior level. He's spent the last two years at Bologna and apparently developed a bit there. He's yet another Promising Scottish Left-Back (TM) but can play in midfield or right-back. Only two caps since fitting three left-backs into the team has been a challenge even for Steve Clarke.

Pay lots of money for him please as I think we have a sell on clause.

I like Hickey, I think he's good. He's a left back but he can play with both his feet so he can play on the right as well, and he is used as a wing back on the both sides lately. Has a good workrate and he's solid defensively. OK crosser, but not spectacular so prefers to cut inside instead. As for the numbers upfront, he's a decent scorer (5 goals for Bologna this season) but has only 1 assist. He's never missed a game due to injury this season so he is very fit. 

Considering his young age I'd try for him I think he can develop more. 

44 minutes ago, Ser Glendon Fireball said:

Vini, Mbappé and Rodrygo are competing for the same spot though. Of course with Benzema that's a hell of a front line, but you would prefer each of these players to play in his best position. 

Very naive from the french media to believe he could stay at PSG 

They are offering crazy money, and I mean CRAZY.

Anyway, the backline also looks pretty good. With Rüdiger adding a bit more aggression. The midfield could do with some new/younger blood tho.

Will Rudiger play all that much? He's looked dodgy in four man defences before now.

As far as the offers Mbappe has had, I'm sure even the lowest is still crazy money. He's already rich enough that money will never be an issue for him or his family, so he may as well pick for footballing reasons.

Archived