Football: Squeaky Bum Time

Raja

11 hours ago, polishgenius said:

I mean, he's only got six goals playing for by far the most over-funded team relative to their league in the world.

I'd say it's more down to numerous issues regarding the club, not so much the player. Sure, he's not been up to his usual standards but there's so much stuff going on in that club that it's not really surprising someone's underperforming there.

Wijnaldum played a pretty important role in Liverpool, in a team that won the Champions League and Premier League in back to back seasons and his level dropped significantly in PSG. Or at least that's the impression I get from few PSG matches I've seen this season (mostly in CL).

13 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Where does Messi rank now among the top players? I see it's being reported he's coming to MLS next year despite probably being way too good for the league. Normally guys are completely washed in Europe before they come slum it over here.

Are you referring to those rumours about Messi going to Inter Miami as player and part owner?

His agents have denied that there is any agreement place. I expect Messi will see out his contract with PSG (which ends after next season anyway) before deciding whether he goes to the MLS or back to Newell's Old Boys.

3 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Are you referring to those rumours about Messi going to Inter Miami as player and part owner?

His agents have denied that there is any agreement place. I expect Messi will see out his contract with PSG (which ends after next season anyway) before deciding whether he goes to the MLS or back to Newell's Old Boys.

Yeah, Miami has been talking like it's a done deal for a few years now and the leaked details are pretty rich. Financially it's a really smart move if they're giving him a third of the team. 

35 minutes ago, mormont said:

For once in my life, I'll be cheering for Rangers. (Not unprecedented. But nearly so.)

Well, sorta in similar situation regarding Frankfurt. Very few games, I am cheering that lot on. But in this game, I picking the way lesser of two evils.

I'm not watching coz I am about to fall asleep on my keyboard but how come Joe Aribo is playing up front and is he  doing well there? Whenever I have seen Rangers this season - admittedly only a couple times- he's been cracking, but, like, as a box-to-box midfielder.

Archived