Football: Squeaky Bum Time

Raja

Took a while. 

I did say I didn't want Wimbledon '94 again, but we did just that. Just one match early. 

As for next season, I really don't understand all those positing Lampard will succeed or fail based on this season. He started wanting to play his brand of football, and learned after a while that the team was shot of confidence and defensively totally out of shape. So he has adapted to that, gone full bus and counter and has succeeded with that this season.

I have no reason to believe that is a template for how we will look come August. 

3 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Apparently tonight was the first time in the Premier League era that Everton have come back from being two goals down at half-time to win a game. Great time to do it.

Yep. According to Opta, this was the 75th time in the PL that Everton have been two or more goals down at half-time. Their record in this scenario - 1 win, 5 draws, 69 losses.

4 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Apparently tonight was the first time in the Premier League era that Everton have come back from being two goals down at half-time to win a game. Great time to do it.

We should of course have mimicked '94 better.

After all, then, it was 1-2 at the break after Wimbledon went two up.

2 minutes ago, mormont said:

He's really not at all fat.

Well, if we wanted an overweight manager, I guess Big Nev is always an option. I reckon he'd deliver a soundbyte or 16 in the process of getting us relegated.

But as of now, I guess Rooney is closer to fat. Lampard .. nah. 

2 minutes ago, Rorschach - 2 said:

Well, if we wanted an overweight manager, I guess Big Nev is always an option. I reckon he'd deliver a soundbyte or 16 in the process of getting us relegated.

But as of now, I guess Rooney is closer to fat. Lampard .. nah. 

Rooney has always looked a bit heavy even during his playing days.

Well, if we go for the Everton connection, I'd go Big Nev first, as stated. Absolute legend, mind, and still an all round excellent fellow. His Twitter is more silent these days, but worth following for his takeovers.

Second one would be Rhino. He has always looked overly solid, and since retirement more so.

Rooney ... of those I've seen pictures of probably ranks third.

Archived