Football: Squeaky Bum Time

Raja

7 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Didn't have you down as a 'let the bigger money teams screw over those with less resources' guy I have to say.

Where did I say that? 

I just don't accept that these FIFA crooks are the best we can do. I mean, there has to be a better way, right? 

5 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I just don't accept that these FIFA crooks are the best we can do. 

Sure, but 'it would be too expensive so let's not do anything' is not at all what Mormont said, so that response in reply to him pointing out that most national associations can't just stop working with them like EA did does have the implication that it doesn't really matter if they fold.

6 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Sure, but 'it would be too expensive so let's not do anything' is not at all what Mormont said, so that response in reply to him pointing out that most national associations can't just stop working with them like EA did does have the implication that it doesn't really matter if they fold.

"Most smaller associations couldn't afford it."

Was his second sentence.

Anyway, my politics are fairly consistent, inasmuch as I believe everyone should be treated fairly. Even corrupt smaller football organizations who are essentially the biggest enablers of FIFA corruption.

Yes. In response to you saying there's nothing stopping them just pulling out. Clearly that is stopping them. Obviously something needs to be done about FIFA but asking a good portion of the worlds national organising bodies to just sacrifice themselves for the cause is not just unrealistic but a completely unviable way to try to solve the problems FIFA represent and are a symptom of. If you did that the game would only get more commercial and centralised. It'd probably lead to the formation of not just a club but a national team super league.

I'm not saying everybody should all of a sudden just stop working with FIFA.

Put the cunts on notice, and take five, ten years, whatever, to work out something new.

Because what we have right now simply isn't working. They are evil. And we need to get rid of them. Is all I'm saying.

:lol:

I would say it's never gonna happen, but I've been watching football long enough to know that you cannot rule anything out, no matter how unlikely.

If we somehow ended up in fourth, it would be the funniest thing ever in my relationship with Spurs. Even better than Lasagnegate.

Walker's not starting for City. That's a little bit of a boost to the slim chances of Villa taking some points off them at the Etihad. On the other hand I'm struggling to not see that Villa side shipping a bunch of goals.

As if Gerrard would ever win the league for Liverpool.

I mean the most Gerrard thing would be Villa up 2-0 in the 60th, him dashing to his car, going full kit and radio on the motorway goes: City clinch the league with a last minute own goal.

Anyone would think that Gerrard did nothing in his playing career except for that slip. He won Liverpool a huge number of big games, and finals, almost single-handedly.

Liverpool are going to get absolutely battered next week. The final is probably going to end up being embarrassing.

Relegation zone is where the action is.

Brentford - Leeds 0-0, Burnley - Newcastle 0-1

Also Mane with the equalizer for Liverpool

Correction, apparently there was a blib in my live score ticker.

Brentford-Leeds is still level.

Archived