Football: Squeaky Bum Time

Raja

That was nail-biting. Great finish to the season at the top and bottom.

We owe Brighton big time for gifting us a EL place. Our season ends in thorough embarrassment with yet another piss poor showing from a spineless team with a clueless fraud as manager. We didn't deserve to finish 6th. Worst United side in my lifetime in terms of attitude and commitment.

Good riddance to Burnley.

I've no doubt that VVD will start next week. Salah too, unfortunately.

Hopefully Fabinho is back, but it doesn't look good for Thiago.

There's way too much of a drop in quality after our main three midfielders. Keita is bang average most of the time, and Jones and Elliott aren't even close to being at the level we need (though Elliott has time on his side.)

Despite not winning the league, and never looking like they hit top gear, Liverpool's season included only two losses.

What teams have done as well or better in Liverpool history?

1893-94 (0 losses in the old second division)

2018-19 (1 loss, missed the league by a single point)

1987-88 (2 losses, what an incredible team)

2008-09 (2 losses, never really convincing)

It's hard to take this title loss by a fucking point again.Ok, Villa nearly did us a favour but it's those 8 draws that ultimately cost us. Against City, anything more than 6 draws and in a season and most likely we won't win next season again. And Klopp has to find a way to beat City in the 2 fixtures next season.

The only good thing today was fucking Burnley getting relegated!

Dramatic end to the season.

It shows how good Liverpool are that a season with potentially only 3 trophies is considered a disappointment for them.

How do Newcastle fans feel about helping to save Leeds? Isn't there a rivalry there?

I must admit I kind of enjoyed the first pitch invasion or two we’ve had recently, it’s good to see some actual joy from fans for once. It hasn’t taken long for dickheads to ruin it though. Also what’re City fans invading the pitch for? It’s their fourth title in five years ffs.

On Leeds staying up it’d be good to see Leeds and Forest in the Premier League next season.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Despite not winning the league, and never looking like they hit top gear, Liverpool's season included only two losses.

What teams have done as well or better in Liverpool history?

1893-94 (0 losses in the old second division)

2018-19 (1 loss, missed the league by a single point)

1987-88 (2 losses, what an incredible team)

2008-09 (2 losses, never really convincing)

Only two losses but they drew all their league matches against the other teams in the top 4.  They need some edge in those tougher head-to-head match-ups because the potential swing in points is so valuable.

Archived