Football: Squeaky Bum Time

Raja

52 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

@Tywin et al. see, can you imagine a team in the NFL celebrating like this because they finished three spots above last? Saving yourself from the precipice can bring just as much adrenaline and exuberance as winning the league. 

Call me when we can just relegate the owners.

27 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

So Liverpool's quintuple's off now.

Not only will Liverpool miss out on the PL title to financial doping by an agonizingly tight margin after a heroic season of great football again, but neither Everton nor Burnley will go down either.  Nothing went our way.

Damn, I wasn't supposed to be able to watch the games today (the PL ones and the Bundesliga play-off), but then the appointment I had ended way earlier than I expected, but I still forgot about the games entirely until I saw this thread. I hate when stuff like that happens.

Anyway, congrats to Everton for not being THAT incompetent. Well done!

3 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Interesting, didn't have Rose on my sack watch. Quite a bit of Dortmund's lack of consistency was down to a disrupted preseason and injuries in his first year. He was heavily involved in bringing in the new signings (Adeyemi, Schlotterbeck and Süle), who bring quite a bit more to the table in terms of aggressiveness and speed, which is basically the kinda football Rose wants to play. So I thought he'd be given a chance with a team more in his image next season. Besides, in the league Dortmund hit their targets (despite some embarassments). So it was really the cup competitions that got him.

Bundesliga offers quite a few vacancies atm.

Wolfsburg(Kohfeldt gone; presumably Kovac coming in), Hoffenheim (Hoeneß gone, ?), Gladbach(Hütter gone; Favre frontrunner), Augsburg (Weinzierl gone; ?), now Dortmund(Rose gone, Terzic presumably taking over)

Wolfsburg was kinda weird, because Schmadtke(DoF) wanted to continue with Kohfeldt, but the board room disagreed, and with Schmadtke's contract running out in 2023 he might be off too, before too long.

In Augsburg Weinzierl basically rage quit over Reuter (DoF). He felt Reuter was playing on time with contract talks, same story with their senior players Finnbogason and Moravek. Daniel Baier (their record player, and now a scout for them) has also left the club and joins Wolfsburg's scouting team. There was apparently power struggle happening in the background with the club's President (Hofmann)on the one side, and Reuter (DoF) and Ströll (Director of Finances) on the other. Hofmann resigned on Friday due to health reasons. 

Looked like Mbappe to Real Madrid was a foregone conclusion but reports of him deciding to extend his contract with PSG are gathering steam (and from reliable journalists too like Di Marzio and Molina). The financials being reported are eye watering (although those are coming from much less reliable sources).

12 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Looked like Mbappe to Real Madrid was a foregone conclusion but reports of him deciding to extend his contract with PSG are gathering steam (and from reliable journalists too like Di Marzio and Molina). The financials being reported are eye watering (although those are coming from much less reliable sources).

Did I see a rumour PSG were going to let him pick the team??!

3 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Did I see a rumour PSG were going to let him pick the team??!

There's a number of rumours but coming from poor sources. Yes, one of them was that Mbappe would have a big say in the sporting project. Other reports are claiming a signing bonus ranging from €100-300m in addition to a salary of €50-100m net per year.

Couple of options, I guess.

1) Independent investigation, we're bust. However, if there's an independent investigation .. how soon before the demand spreads? Does the PL want that, or do they think they can head it off and limit it to just us?

2) Independent investigation, we're cleared.

3) PL states that everything has been done with the complete understanding of the PL and that no action will be taken.

I'm sort of guessing that we'll see 3 because of 1, but 1 is an option. 2 ... don't see that one happening.

I do actually find it disturbing how easily we (clubs and supporters and posters in this thread) find it to just assume those rules don't really matter.

I would like them to have real bite. 

2 hours ago, Consigliere said:

There's a number of rumours but coming from poor sources. Yes, one of them was that Mbappe would have a big say in the sporting project. Other reports are claiming a signing bonus ranging from €100-300m in addition to a salary of €50-100m net per year.

I think it’s now been confirmed he’s staying at PSG?

30 minutes ago, Rorschach - 2 said:
32 minutes ago, Rorschach - 2 said:

I do actually find it disturbing how easily we (clubs and supporters and posters in this thread) find it to just assume those rules don't really matter.

I would like them to have real bite. 

My sweet summer child. 

49 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I think it’s now been confirmed he’s staying at PSG?

Yep.

There's also reports that PSG are in negotiations with Zidane. Leonardo could be out the door as well with reports claiming that Luis Campos is the favourite replace him as sporting director.

Archived