Top Gun 2: Greatest Cinematic Event of the New Millennium

Veltigar

I could not find any thread about the film that is going to deliver us from evil, so I decided to go ahead and create one. As a massive fan of the original I knew I was going to see it in theatre and I believed that it was going to be epic. Based on the reviews that have recently been released it seems like my faith is going to be rewarded. 

Who else feels the need for speed?

A really cool making off featurette :D

I have even shilled out for IMAX, because I heard the film really makes good use of the screen. Not like some others that just use it as a gimmick to bilk money out of your pockets.

32 minutes ago, MercenaryChef said:

i dunno. i saw the preview today when we saw dr. strange.  it just didn't convey that cold war homoerotic propaganda which really made the original movie what it was.

My 2 guy friends want to go topless, oiled up, wearing sunglasses and jean shorts. No homo.

I would strongly advise anyone who enjoyed the original to never watch it again. 

My brother had never seen it, so we watched it at the weekend. I was so excited. I loved this movie when I was a fourteen-year-old boy.

JFC, what a load of shite. It is absolutely dreadful, in almost every single way. 

It's basically a big steaming pile of terribly written, poorly disguised propaganda. Horrid stuff.

Edited by Spockydog

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

I would strongly advise anyone who enjoyed the original to never watch it again. 

My brother had never seen it, so we watched it at the weekend. I was so excited. I loved this movie when I was a fourteen-year-old boy.

JFC, what a load of shite. It is absolutely dreadful, in almost every single way. 

It's basically a big steaming pile of terribly written, poorly disguised propaganda. Horrid stuff.

Lies! All damn lies :P I think the honest trailer of the film gives the best assessment of the original film:

1 hour ago, sifth said:

Will the film have Volleyball though, that's the magic question.

I believe I saw a volleyball scene in the trailer when I saw Dr Strange.

I will go see this but have low expectations other than it being a good popcorn flick.

5 hours ago, Spockydog said:

I’m looking forward to finally getting a “Cinemasins” of the orginal “Top Gun”.

1 hour ago, Corvinus85 said:

I've been watching this guy's videos where he tells us what's real and what's fake. He's a former US Navy pilot, so he knows.

It's great they put the actors in the planes. I would love to go up in a fighter some time. It's been a dream of mine since I saw the first Top Gun movie as a adolescent.

31 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

It's great they put the actors in the planes. I would love to go up in a fighter some time. It's been a dream of mine since I saw the first Top Gun movie as a adolescent.

Hmmm, I always assumed you would have been more obsessed with the volleyball :P