Top Gun 2: Greatest Cinematic Event of the New Millennium

Veltigar

18 minutes ago, Rhom said:

@Ser Scot A Ellison over here sounding like the Drone Ranger.

Drones and cruise missiles can’t pass out due to g-forces… can they?  Look the film was well made… but the mission (besides being the Death Star trench run) was really poorly considered.

1 minute ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I did.  For this mission… he was right.

But then it'd be the most boring movie ever as we watch someone with a joystick play a video game!

(Although, if they did it while wearing a Power Glove, this could have been a stealth sequel to The Wizard!)

Top Gun: Drone Ranger would look like an old LAN Party. Sweaty guys and mountain dew.

Rooster: Mav, your hax00rs!

Mav: So says ur mom, n00b.

Rooster: Bite me. 

Mav: All your base are belong to us. Make your time, mother frakker!

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Ha. I just saw the scene where coyote passed out and nearly crashed.

My car slams on the breaks if someone pulls out in front of me too close, but his jet couldn’t level off. 

Many fighters have something called Auto GCAS, which will allow the plane to maneuver out of hitting the ground if the pilot appears unresponsive or confused, but the F/A-18 Super Hornet flown in the movie didn't have it at the time of production. The flight scenes were filmed in 2018, and it was in May 2018 that Congress had a line item in the budget to fund putting it into the Super Hornet fleet.

Edited by Ran

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
2 hours ago, Veltigar said:

Ladies and gentlemen, the title of this thread might no longer be accurate

Didn't Barbie just win that award anyway?  Saw it over Christmas.  Wasn't that great, but way better than this.  :P

4 hours ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

I hate the world. 

I know right, you do not want to wait for this. But the most important thing is that it's coming :D 

Luckily, I got something for you to fill that Top Gun 3 shaped void in your hearth:

Indian Top Gun is a thing and it is coming to a cinema near you on the 25th of January 2024.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Didn't Barbie just win that award anyway?  Saw it over Christmas.  Wasn't that great, but way better than this.  :P

Don't hide in that closet DMC, come into the light and play some volleyball with us :P

Edited by Veltigar

10 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Take my breath AWO-AAAAAAAAAAAAY...

Maverick would have been half a star better if they had included the song.

They can rectify this in Top Gun 3 as a geriatric Tom Cruise needs to take a hit of oxygen after pulling a sustained 9.5G in his P-51 Mustang while dogfighting against "The Peacemaker", an AI sixth-gen fighter that goes rogue during an arms show.

Edited by Ran

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Maverick would have been half a star better if they had included the song.

They can rectify this in Top Gun 3 as a geriatric Tom Cruise needs to take a hit of oxygen after pulling a sustained 9.5G while inverted in his P-51 Mustang while dogfighting against "The Peacemaker", an AI sixth-gen fighter that goes rogue during an arms show.

Fixed that for you.