James Webb Telescope

LynnS

6 minutes ago, JGP said:

Comparative between Hubble and Webb on the same cluster [the latter of which should be renamed]

The difference is stunning.  Nora said there was gravitational lensing but you can't really see it in the Hubble image.  You can see it in the JWST image. The brightness and definition is something else.

2 minutes ago, JGP said:

I can see some lensing in the Hubble image, but nothing like the JWST. And the background? Whew

LOL!  My eyes aren't that great anymore.  I really need to see these images on the jumbotron for more than 30 seconds.  The sneek-peek-a-boo thing today was a bit trying.  

What are you most curious about tomorrow?  For me it's Stephan's Quintet and the mysterious filament that seems to be connecting them.  Also, a spectrum for the exoplanet.  I'll be watching Nora's podcast for comments on that one.

6 minutes ago, LynnS said:

What are you most curious about tomorrow?  For me it's Stephan's Quintet and the mysterious filament that seems to be connecting them.  Also, a spectrum for the exoplanet.  I'll be watching Nora's podcast for comments on that one.

I'm quite certain I'm the least educated out of everyone participating in this thread, so my answer would be all if it. Any of it.

The Universe just thrums me. 

9 hours ago, JGP said:

I'm quite certain I'm the least educated out of everyone participating in this thread, so my answer would be all if it. Any of it.

No, that is definitely me. And these images are just amazing.

*settles down and waits for image of giant space brain*

Spectrum analyses of Io and Europa already maybe? Wouldn't that be something.

I have to get rid of the popcorn in my house. 

Edited by JGP