James Webb Telescope

LynnS

13 hours ago, HoodedCrow said:

@LynnS I don’t understand why you liked Star Trek the OS and yet spread Aweful propaganda about Justin Trudeau. It doesn’t make sense to me unless it’s a money thing. 

You are in the wrong thread for politics.  There is more to life than politics, Hooded Crow.  I wish you would find something else that gives you some joy.  If you must discuss politics, there are at least 4 or 5 threads more to your liking.  Pick one.

Edited by LynnS

Thanks Nora.  I was wondering about that myself.  The SMACS image shows a lot of green-ish dots (in the magnified view) and I wondered if they might be pea galaxies.  Same with Blue-ish dots in some galaxies and I wondered if they were supernovae.  That's how they were rendered in the Sloan Digital Sky Survey.  So I guess what I'm seeing on SMACS are just artifacts.

3 hours ago, LynnS said:

Thanks Nora.  I was wondering about that myself.  The SMACS image shows a lot of green-ish dots (in the magnified view) and I wondered if they might be pea galaxies.  Same with Blue-ish dots in some galaxies and I wondered if they were supernovae.  That's how they were rendered in the Sloan Digital Sky Survey.  So I guess what I'm seeing on SMACS are just artifacts.

Yeah, in the SMACs photo green is showing light at wavelength of about 2-3 microns. In SDSS the green filter is centered at 0.477 microns. So I wouldn't expect the green peas to show up as green in this one, though I am not a galactic astronomer so I'm not sure exactly what the spectra of green peas looks like in infrared!