UK Politics - You Must Be Furious

Which Tyler

Does 'upgrading BREXIT' mean the same old same old conviction that the UK could leave the EU but continue with all the rights, privileges and conveniences of being an EU member intact?  Signed, Puzzled in the USA.

Some Brit, or co-Brit tv productions located in Europe have begun including how difficult it is -- not to mention more expensive, a lot more expensive -- now for Brits to live in a European country and / or do biz there, due to BREXIT.  For one thing special licenses must be applied for and paid for to allow such activities, since they are now foreigners, not among the member states.

27 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

How do you think he hears those boos in his head?

He probably told himself they were booing at Carrie for dumping him and running away with Goldsmith. 

42 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

How do you think he hears those boos in his head? 

They didn't want the party to stop. Thus they cheered him on with.

Boorish, as in more boorish behaviour by the PM. That's what we all want to see.

What will he do next? Will he be jacking it under portrays of the Queen and Thatcher? Who says he hasn't done that already?

Greatest show on British television.

Boorish Johnson Primeminister.

9 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

If you ask me, what happened on those steps today will be the straw breaking many Tory backs tonight.

I kind of think we are better off if it drags and drags and drags. 

8 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

In every film/picture I’ve seen of Boris Johnson at the jubilee with Carrie, she has her hat tilted to ensure she doesn’t have to see the prick any more than necessary

Now is "quite a lot" or "substantial amount" the imperial measurement for booing here?

6 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Hey, I proposed Johnson winning that vote of confidence, you lot didn't want any of that.

IIRC you proposed that it would be amusing, not that it was a possibility that could happen.

We denied that it would be funny, not that it was possible.

47 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Again, anyone viable has been kept away from the spotlight. Not providing any threat to BJ seems to be the single most important qualification for a cabinet position.

Anyone viable with name recognition, was deselected in the Brexit Purge.

Elsewise:

I just took a look at the government consultation paper on the use of imperial measurements. It's... something.

Point the first, unusually for a government consultation, you cannot fill it in as a web form. You download a Word document and then either email it or post it once completed.

Second, it's short. Four questions. But Q2 is for businesses only, Q3 is for consumers only and Q4 is for trading standards only. So in fact, two questions.

Q1:

For all:

Are there any specific areas of consumer transactions that should be a priority for allowing a choice in units of measurement, and why?

Are there any specific areas that you think should be excluded from a choice in units of measurement, and why?

If an item is sold in imperial measures, should there be a requirement for a metric equivalent alongside it?

Q3:

For Consumers,

If you had a choice, would you want to purchase items:

- in imperial units?

- in imperial units alongside a metric equivalent?

Are you more likely to shop from businesses that sell in imperial units?

Do you foresee any costs or benefits to you from businesses being permitted to sell:

- solely in imperial units?

- in imperial units alongside a less prominent metric equivalent?

Do you have experience of buying solely in imperial units?

The phrase 'begging the question' is often misused to mean 'inviting the question'. This can be difficult to illustrate to people. In future, when I want to do so, I will show them this consultation.

Archived