UK Politics - You Must Be Furious

Which Tyler

4 hours ago, Matrim Fox Cauthon said:

Who needs to read the Daily Mail or the Daily Express when we have they Daily Spockydog to do their work criticizing Keir Starmer and Labour for them? 

So they're above criticism, are they? Is that what you're saying? That we should have blind faith and express no dissatisfaction? 

Does anyone here really believe that Starmer is buttering any parsnips? 

Can anyone point to any of his policies that are headline making, election winning material? 

Labour should be out of sight in the polls. They are not. Personally, Starmer is only two points up on Johnson. Two points. After everything Johnson has done, latest polls suggest only 2% of people think Starmer would make a better PM.

Why is that, do you think? 

HINT: It has nothing at all whatsoever to do with my ravings on this messageboard. 

And, just for the record, my loyalty to Labour remains undiminished. I remain active in the local party, and, despite my personal misgivings around the leadership, I managed to squeeze in half-a-dozen door knocking sessions in the runup to the election. And like any good activist, I toed the party line.

I've kept my views on Starmer largely to myself, my family, and this messageboard, where my criticism is hardly going to shake the foundations of British democracy. 

Oh dear. It's Sexpestageddon...

Top Tory MP faces drink spiking claims as victim 'woke up to find nipples being licked'

A senior Tory MP is caught up in allegations swirling around Westminster that he plied four victims with date-rape drugs.

It is claimed the man used the substance on a fellow Conservative MP, who awoke to find his nipples being licked.

It is also said a Labour MP was abused after the man administered the drug to him – while the flatmate of another Tory MP claimed to friends he had a similar experience.

32 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Ok, this now really has got to be Gove.

I got my hopes up when I saw Jeremy Hunt trending. But he's just entering the next phase of his leadership challenge. Unfortunately, nobody will be falling for his 'Oh, if I was in charge we would never have locked down.'

42 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Oh dear. It's Sexpestageddon...

Top Tory MP faces drink spiking claims as victim 'woke up to find nipples being licked'

A senior Tory MP is caught up in allegations swirling around Westminster that he plied four victims with date-rape drugs.

It is claimed the man used the substance on a fellow Conservative MP, who awoke to find his nipples being licked.

It is also said a Labour MP was abused after the man administered the drug to him – while the flatmate of another Tory MP claimed to friends he had a similar experience.

Gove and Michael Fabricant.

35 minutes ago, SeanF said:

The story of the MP having his nipples sucked sounds far too funny to be true, but truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.

It's good that you would be able to laugh this off if it happened to you, but for most people it would be pretty traumatic (bearing in mind I haven't read the story so maybe it was described more lightly than the way you present it) to wake up feeling groggy, finding oneself half naked and vulnerable, being sexually assaulted by a man you'd only agreed to go out for a drink with.  I know someone who was raped after an incident like this and was told by a lawyer that it would not be taken seriously in court because he went out to a gay bar and was therefore 'asking for it'.  He was still in therapy after a year and it still haunts me that he could not even hope for any justice.

P.S. So please be a bit sensitive about this, as others may be reading it for whom it was or would not be not funny, and who might suffer more from this attitude.

19 hours ago, Sophelia said:

P.S. So please be a bit sensitive about this, as others may be reading it for whom it was or would not be not funny, and who might suffer more from this attitude.

It’s also important to not act too excited about it because it makes the other side look bad politically. 

So, having spent the past few days desperately trying to discredit Sue Gray, including wheeling out the usual suspects to claim that Gray had instigated the recent meeting with Bozo, Number 10 has just admitted that it was Johnson who called Gray into his office.

That's it. He cannot possibly claim now that he was unaware he was at a party. He cannot possibly claim that he did not lie to Parliament. 

And I suspect there is much worse to come. 

I know that some amongst us have had difficulty understanding why the Government is taking so much money from oil and gas producers. Some of us have expressed bafflement at why oil and gas producers would want to give the Tories millions of pounds in donations.

Well, today, Rishi Sunak is talking about imposing a windfall tax. On 'electricity generators'. This includes wind farm operators.

Will Rishi be taxing the oil and gas companies? Will he fuck.

Get these cunts out. They are destroying us.

So you know all those junior staff members that got thrown under Boris Johnson's bus over Partygate?

Tonight's Panorama gonna be wild.

Insiders who attended events at Downing Street during lockdown have told the BBC how staff crowded together, sat on each other's laps and how party debris was left out overnight.

For the first time, insiders who were at some of the events have told BBC Panorama in detail what they saw.

They describe arriving for work the morning after a get-together to find bottles lying around parts of the building, bins overflowing with rubbish and empties left on the table.

They also tell of events with dozens of staff crowded together, and parties going so late that, on occasion, some ended up staying in Downing Street all night.

And they say staff mocked others who tried to stop what was going on.

Archived