MCU Multi-thread of Marvels

SpaceChampion

41 minutes ago, mormont said:

No. No. A thousand times no. And another no for good measure.

Why does nobody ever suggest killing Foggy? Women, being killed off to animate male rivalries since 3000BC.

Eh, I haven't watched much TV lately where the love interest gets killed off so I'm not so burned out on the concept. I cannot recall much of what Karen was doing in Season 3 which tells me her storyline was at an end for the writers. I remember Foggy still having some runway (particularly with his supportive wife) and him being more of the reason Matt doesn't become Daredevil full-time. I could probably accept either as a major character death which solidifies Bullseye as being Daredevil's #1 enemy (over the priest which was an inadequate substitute in my opinion) but I feel like Karen was the less interesting character at the end there.

13 hours ago, mormont said:

Why does nobody ever suggest killing Foggy? Women, being killed off to animate male rivalries since 3000BC.

This now makes me want them to kill off Karen. 

On 5/19/2022 at 3:05 PM, DaveSumm said:

I mean it works logically, it’s retcon-able, but it’s just clearly intended that Captain Marvel gives Fury a pager, and Fury uses that in his last moments (and says “mother fu….”, very Fury) and comes immediately because she’s thinks her friend Nick is in trouble. I just don’t want to see “five movies ago before we’d introduced Skrulls, that guy was actually a Skrull” levels of retconning personally.

An argument I've just seen is that in Captain Marvel, Fury says everyone calls him Fury, but in that scene in Infinity War, "Maria Hill" called him Nick, indicating they're both Skrulls.  Thin, but could be they were planting the seeds all along.

An odd comment.  I just finished a re-read of American Gods and I started watching “the Essex Serpent” with Clare Danes and Tom Hiddleston.  There is a scene in the second episode where Hiddleston’s character is walking along the coast with Dane’s character.  The wind has his hair swept back and his auburn hair really stands out.  I thought… “that’s Loki” and in the moment I thought that I had honestly forgotten he plays Loki…

duh…

9 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Meh.

So's...yer...face? :D

...No, I got nuthin'. My joke basket is empty this afternoon.

Nothing to see here, these aren't the droids you're looking for!

3 hours ago, IlyaP said:

Is it weird and wrong that of all the movies due out from the MCU, this is the one that has me most excited?

Ragnorak is pretty much the only recent Marvel movie I would ever watch again.. so I’m quite excited for this, these movies are the ones that generally seem to get the tone right and everything fits.

Of course it all depends on how heavy it goes in with the STRONG POWERFUL FEMALE message.. but it doesn’t look too egregious in that trailer. 

23 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Ragnorak is pretty much the only recent Marvel movie I would ever watch again.. so I’m quite excited for this, these movies are the ones that generally seem to get the tone right and everything fits.

Of course it all depends on how heavy it goes in with the STRONG POWERFUL FEMALE message.. but it doesn’t look too egregious in that trailer. 

It looks like we're gonna get some Team Portman/Thompson, which should be a mighty and most sasstastic duo, and I am all about that.

3 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I dunno. The trailer left me kind of.. meh? 

Not "meh", though I admit I wasn't as pumped as I thought I'd be after that particular trailer.  The first one was more exciting to me.  But I want to see this movie regardless. 

On 5/20/2022 at 8:49 PM, mormont said:

Not to mention Foggy exists pretty much just to motivate Matt, whilst Karen has a major crossover with The Punisher, whom I suspect they will also be resurrecting (at least Jon Bernthal will return as the character), so she has a bit more weight in the overall setting.

The GoTG are in this film, so I sort of have to see it. I just hope it’s fun. I’m not a huge fan of any of the Thor films, to be honest. 

I get the impression they're in it, but they're not a major part of it. I think we'll probably see them at the start and maybe they show up towards the end (it looks like Nebula and Drax show up at the Greek place), but it's Team Thor for most of the film.

On 5/21/2022 at 5:26 AM, Heartofice said:

This now makes me want them to kill off Karen. 

10 hours ago, Heartofice said:

At least you're open about your feelings re: women in comic book movies, I guess. Usually it's "I'm no sexist, but...."

Archived