MCU Multi-thread of Marvels

SpaceChampion

25 minutes ago, RumHam said:

At least you're open about your feelings re: women in comic book movies, I guess. Usually it's "I'm no sexist, but...."

Nah I like Karen, she’s a good, decently written character… unlike most other other females in DisneyMarvelverse.

So my wishing her narrative death must be a pretty big reaction to Mormonts comment. 

1 hour ago, Leofric said:

Killing Karen wouldn't work in the Netflix Daredevil because Frank Castle would kill her murderer long before Matt could react.

I get the feeling Disney is going to ignore the fact that the Punisher exists. They seem rather scared when it comes to R rated heroes.

1 hour ago, sifth said:

I get the feeling Disney is going to ignore the fact that the Punisher exists. They seem rather scared when it comes to R rated heroes.

They say they are going to keep Deadpool at an R rating. :dunno:

3 hours ago, Leofric said:

Killing Karen wouldn't work in the Netflix Daredevil because Frank Castle would kill her murderer long before Matt could react.

Killing Karen sounds like a sequel to Teaching Mrs. Tingle!

Looks like Beta Ray Bill is making an appearance in Thor based on this trailer. Didn't know that. Wonder how they'll deal with Mjolnir given Jane is wielding it in this movie.

Also, I'm really hoping they flesh out Gorr more than Hela.

7 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

Looks like Beta Ray Bill is making an appearance in Thor based on this trailer. Didn't know that. Wonder how they'll deal with Mjolnir given Jane is wielding it in this movie.

That's a fan cut, with Beta Ray Bill's line lifted from one of his animated appearances.

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

That sounds promising to me.  F4 are explorers and adventurers, they should be trekking to bizarre corners of the universe, reality or whatever.

I guess I don't know enough about F4... so they'd be on a starship sort of thing?  Or what?

32 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I guess I don't know enough about F4... so they'd be on a starship sort of thing?  Or what?

Being explorer of all the universe or even secret places on Earth was very much F4's thing at least when they first appeared. They were the ones to first meet the Kree, Skrulls, Wakanda, Inhumans, travel in time, etc.

6 hours ago, Rhom said:

They have a variety of vehicles designed for different things.  A starship yes, also short range vehicles.  Also a ship for the microverse / quantum realm -- which is why people think they might have been stuck in the quantum realm since the '60s and could appear in the next Ant-man movie.

I'm just reading up on it, seems there were ones that separated into smaller vehicles like vehicle Voltron.

10 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

My first reaction was 'yeah well it's of course going to get positive critical reaction', but then I watched it this morning and it's actually very good. Really good performances all round, I loved the family dynamic it felt very natural, the 'Edgar Wrightisms' didn't grate as much as I thought they would and actually add to the aesthetic.

If there is a weakness it's that she is a fan of Captain Marvel, a character that the MCU has so far totally messed up, so it's hard to empathise with a girl who thinks she's cool. But hey, that's something a bit out of their control if this is an adaptation of a comic.

Very solid first episode. The family dynamics were more the draw than the superpowers, but I like the idea that maybe someone who's a huge fan of superheroes finds herself not necessarily wanting to be a superhero (but then coming round to the idea, presumably).

I did wonder if they called her friend Bruno just so they could do the Encanto gag, but nope, that was his name in the comics as well from years back.

I'd say strong odds on a Captain Marvel cameo, even if just at the end of the last episode to set up The Marvels.

Archived