MCU Multi-thread of Marvels

SpaceChampion

20 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

They're making a fifth one?!?

On a side note, There was one movie review from a pro critic and CBM nerd that had the line, "Greece should build a statue to Russell Crowe." I get that he was half joking but goddamn, American CBM nerds can be embarrassing at times.

Yes. The film ends on the note that THOR WILL RETURN.

Also, 

Spoiler

Cliffhanger ending that Zeus - whom Thor thinks he's inadvertently killed after he killed Korg, but Korg was then okay - is a bit pissed off with Thor for blasting a hole through his chest with a lightning bolt, so summons Hercules and tells him they will make Thor pay.

Which might be more menacing if Zeus hadn't been 100% a comedy character during his appearance in the movie. And Hercules wasn't played by a guy literally one-third the size of Chris Hemsworth.

Russell Crowe and the two crazed CGI goats are the MVPs of the movie though, to be fair.

Oh yeah:

Spoiler

Daryl is canon!

5 hours ago, Werthead said:

On Thor: Love and Thunder

Hide contents

Every joke misfires or is cut in such a way that any genuine humour is drained out of the situation.

Spoiler

I laughed pretty hard at "half our soldiers are always dead!"

Spoiler

I'd say the beginning is the weakest part of the film and pretty clearly Taika Watiti just not wanting to have the Guardians in the film he wanted to make, so goofing to get them out- the criticism that having to link to creative decisions made by other people is the weakest part of Marvel projects is rarely more strongly supported in the films than that part and the training montage to get rid of the fatsuit- but past that and apart from the weird part where Thor didn't want to call Axel Axel I liked it, and laughed plenty. I mean, visually the nightime showdown was definitely the weakest set-piece of the film but I liked Gor, random switches of tone and all, and I liked the way Jane was brought in. 

1 hour ago, Werthead said:

Yes. The film ends on the note that THOR WILL RETURN.

... in GotG Vol. 3? I realize these films were delayed by some time but goddamn; there are James Bond actors who hung it up by this point.

Russell Crowe and the two crazed CGI goats are the MVPs of the movie though, to be fair.

Of course they are. One is a goat and the other two are goats.

Spoiler

I'm happy Jane ended up In Viking Sto-Vo-Kor.

23 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

... in GotG Vol. 3? I realize these films were delayed by some time but goddamn; there are James Bond actors who hung it up by this point.

Of course they are. One is a goat and the other two are goats.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm happy Jane ended up In Viking Sto-Vo-Kor.

I don't think so.

Spoiler

Thor does not rejoin the Guardians at the end of the film, instead getting his own ship - which looks suspiciously like the Space Winnebago from Spaceballs - and adopting Gorr's daughter. I suspect we won't see him again until Thor 5, unless the Guardians Christmas Special is set during the few months he's working with the Guardians.

Love and Thunder was fine- a definitive letdown from the previous film, but still a clear improvement from the other two.

I agree that the

Spoiler

Guardians didn't have to be in this film, clearly something Watiti had to get out of the way so the real movie could begin.

That said, the movie is pretty funny, even if not as much as Ragnarok, and touching at times. And I'm really glad they didn't wimp out and actually killed Jane- whose entire plot and stint as Thor was handled much better than in the comics.

Also, Crowe definitively steals the show.

^ This should be fun. :)

---

14 and I are seeing Thor: LnT tomorrow.

12 thinks our taste sucks. But she loves Miranda Sings, so stfu, judgey. 

5 minutes ago, JGP said:

14 and I are seeing Thor: LnT tomorrow.

12 thinks our taste sucks. But she loves Miranda Sings, so stfu, judgey. 

Is 12 and 14 they're Borg designations?

Going to see L&T right now.

I think I liked this movie more than Ragnarok. I'd even go far as to say, it's the only Thor film I really liked. I will admit that the first half seemed a little too silly, almost like a Zucker Brothers film, but the second half more than made up for it, once the movie finally started taking itself a little more serious. I really like Bale in this film and his character might go down as one of my favorite MCU villains, just for how creepy he was. This was easily a better film than Doctor Strange 2, IMO

Watched Love and Thunder last night. I kinda liked it, but it crossed the line into being cringy too many times for my taste.

Maybe it's just me - I probably would have loved it if I watched it at 15 or 20.

44 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Yeah, all that remains is the finale. 

I'm trying to figure out what even are we going to see?  She doesn't even have a real costume yet!  :lol:

4 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

I'd guess we're going to see the costume, bub.

I just legit wonder where she's going to get it...  Falcon and Winter Soldier teased the new Cap outfit from Wakanda before it was revealed.  Hawkeye teased the new threads multiple times from Kate Bishop.

Other than gradually picking up a mask, a scarf, and breaking her necklace into a lightning bolt... there doesn't seem to be anything that would tie into the rest of the costume.  :dunno: 

3 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I just legit wonder where she's going to get it...  Falcon and Winter Soldier teased the new Cap outfit from Wakanda before it was revealed.  Hawkeye teased the new threads multiple times from Kate Bishop.

Other than gradually picking up a mask, a scarf, and breaking her necklace into a lightning bolt... there doesn't seem to be anything that would tie into the rest of the costume.  :dunno: 

Actually, I think all the things you mention are meant to be the teases of the costume, like you mention from the other shows. It's just that the final costume coming together is something Kamala would put together herself based on the way she sees the world.  I have no issues if it goes that way.  The young woman is an artist, after all...

Sadly the last two eps of Ms. Marvel haven't really grabbed me, especially the last one. It seems arbitrary to have her time travel, it didn't seem like an epic success or even that special to save her grandmother, the backstory was interesting but felt both weirdly out of place and weirdly too short (glossing over the Partition may be a step forward but it's still a pretty big gloss). 

Dunno. Just feels like it dropped all its momentum. 

Archived