MCU Multi-thread of Marvels

SpaceChampion

6 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

They might want to come up with a title the distances it from the Bryan Singer films. But I don't think they have a problem with the name "X-Men", especially since this was announced. So much... so much yellow. 

You know, I kinda wish that in Strange2, when they were going through all the multi-verses and there was that one made of paint; they could have hit a cartoon one that looked like the X-men 97.  Could have been a quick gag/tie in.

3 minutes ago, Rhom said:

You know, I kinda wish that in Strange2, when they were going through all the multi-verses and there was that one made of paint; they could have hit a cartoon one that looked like the X-men 97.  Could have been a quick gag/tie in.

There's a whole lot of really cool things they could have done in that movie and they basically did none of it.

9 hours ago, briantw said:

There's a whole lot of really cool things they could have done in that movie and they basically did none of it.

It's hard to say what that movie actually did do.. other than some cool Raimi horror sequences. It feels so completely inconsequential, with maybe the most wasted mcguffin character of all time in America Chavez.

A whole bunch of news from the Marvel animation panel in this thread:

https://twitter.com/MarvelGuides/status/1550556232355905536?s=20&t=_MjHhShSasZxNk2Fs40TBA

Spider-Man: Freshman Year apparently NOT in the MCU however… (EDIT: can’t find a confirmation for this, possibly people are guessing based on discrepancies between this and the MCU, like him having a bunch of costumes? Also, Charlie Cox is Daredevil in it…)

End of Phase 4 is: She-Hulk, and Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.

Phase 4, 5 and 6 are the Multiverse Saga, like 1-3 were the Infinity Saga.

Daredevil: Born Again is an 18-episode season.

The Agatha Harkness series gets a name change to Agatha: Coven of Chaos.

Schedule:

• I Am Groot - Release date: August 10, 2022 (On Disney+)
  • She-Hulk: Attorney at Law - Release date: August 17, 2022 (On Disney+)
  • Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - Release date: November 11, 2022 (In theaters)
  • The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special - Release date: December 2022 (On Disney+)
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania - Release date: February 17, 2023 (In theaters)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - Release date: May 5, 2023 (In theaters)
  • The Marvels - Release date: July 28, 2023 (In theaters)
  • What if...? Season 2 - Release date: early 2023 (On Disney+)
  • X-Men ‘97 - Release date: 2023 (On Disney+)
  • Spider-Man: Freshman Year - Release date: 2024 (On Disney+)
  • Secret Invasion - Spring 2023 (On Disney+)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - May 5, 2023 (In theaters)
  • Loki Season 2 - Summer 2023 (On Disney+)

• Echo - Summer 2023 (On Disney+)
  • Blade - November 3, 2023 (In theaters)
  • Ironheart - Fall, 2023 (On Disney+)
  • Agatha: Coven of Chaos - Winter 2023/2024 (On Disney+)
  • Captain America: New World Order - May 3, 2024
  • Daredevil: Born Again - Spring 2024 (On Disney+)
  • Thunderbolts - July 26, 2024 (In theaters)

45 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

End of Phase 4 is: She-Hulk, and Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

I don't really get the phase thing. Other than for their internal purposes, does this matter? From Wikipedia:

The first MCU film is Iron Man (2008), which began the films of Phase One culminating in the crossover film The Avengers (2012). Phase Two began with Iron Man 3 (2013) and concluded with Ant-Man (2015). Phase Three began with Captain America: Civil War (2016) and concluded with Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019). The first three phases in the franchise are collectively known as "The Infinity Saga". The films of Phase Four began with Black Widow (2021).

Like, what? Phase two culminates in....Ant-Man? A movie largely disconnected from everything that came before? Phase four starts with a flashback movie and not the Spider-Man movie immediately following up on the events of Endgame?

Seems like the "saga" names are more useful, though still ...misleading or imprecise? Like are Black Widow or Falcon and the Winter Soldier are going to be part of the "Multiverse Saga" despite having nothing to do with the multiverse?

1 hour ago, SpaceChampion said:

I really, really, really need this to be awesome.  It looks like it's going to be so much fun.  (And more obviously connected to the MCU overall than Moon Knight or Ms. Marvel or even Loki in it's way...)  And at the end of the trailer there...oh yeah...

Black Panther looks great. I feel stupid that all the times I thought "how they hell are they going to make this movie work?" I never considered Angela Basset. 

This might be a huge surprise ruining spoiler for She-Hulk:

Spoiler

I can't help but read into "The next big Thing." There was a rumor about someone being cast as The Thing recently 

5 hours ago, RumHam said:

Phase four starts with a flashback movie and not the Spider-Man movie immediately following up on the events of Endgame?

This makes sense to a degree- Far From Home was directly linked to clean-up from Endgame so can be linked to that phase. Only thing really is that Falcon and Winter Soldier and WandaVision both also qualify for that and probably should fit in there- but I get why they wanted WandaVision in the same block as Multiverse of Madness so eh.

Ant-man just didn't fit anywhere though. 

Feels like I guessed most of this a while back, so that's fun. The real surprise is that the Avengers duo are early in Phase 6 and probably not all of it (unless it's the shortest phase ever), otherwise it'd just be Phase 5. No Young Avengers, which is odd as they seemed to be setting it up.

Also during the presentations everyone seemed to keep forgetting that the Guardians Holiday Special is a thing. I'm guessing it's Phase 5 because it ties into Guardians 3.

No X-Men in the next two phases and maybe the third, unless of course the events of Secret Wars bring them in.

3 hours ago, polishgenius said:

This makes sense to a degree- Far From Home was directly linked to clean-up from Endgame so can be linked to that phase. Only thing really is that Falcon and Winter Soldier and WandaVision both also qualify for that and probably should fit in there- but I get why they wanted WandaVision in the same block as Multiverse of Madness so eh.

Remember than Falcon and Winter Soldier was shot before WandaVision and was supposed to air first, but was much more fucked over by COVID and delayed until afterwards, so that factors into the placement.

So this is the schedule as far as I can tell:

Phase 4

• She-Hulk: Attorney at Law - Season 1 (17 August 2022)
  • Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (11 November 2022)

Phase 5

• The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (December 2022)
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (17 February 2023)
  • Secret Invasion (Spring 2023)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 3 (5 May 2023)
  • Echo - Season 1 (Summer 2023)
  • The Marvels (28 July 2023)
  • Loki - Season 2 (Summer 2023)
  • Blade (3 November 2023)
  • Ironheart - Season 1 (Autumn 2023)
  • Agatha: Coven of Chaos (Winter 2023)
  • Captain America: New World Order (3 May 2024)
  • Daredevil: Born Again - Season 1 (Spring 2024)
  • Thunderbolts (26 July 2024)

Phase 6

• tbc (autumn 2024)
  • Fantastic Four (8 November 2024)
  • tbc (autumn 2024)
  • tbc (winter 2024)
  • tbc (winter 2024)
  • tbc (spring 2025)
  • Avengers: The Kang Dynasty (2 May 2025)
  • tbc (spring 2025)
  • tbc (summer 2025)
  • tbc (summer 2025)
  • Avengers: Secret Wars (7 November 2025)

So far confirmed(ish) but undated, so likely to fill up some of the above slots: Deadpool 3Shang-Chi 2Thor 5Spider-Man 4

Unconfirmed but likely(ish) to happen: Hawkeye Season 2, Moon Knight Season 2, Ms. Marvel Season 2, Black Panther 3Eternals 2, Black Knight project (which could be Blade, Eternals 2 or his own thing)

2 minutes ago, Werthead said:

So this is the schedule as far as I can tell:

Phase 4

• She-Hulk: Attorney at Law - Season 1 (17 August 2022)
  • Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (11 November 2022)

Phase 5

• The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (December 2022)
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (17 February 2023)
  • Secret Invasion (Spring 2023)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 3 (5 May 2023)
  • Echo - Season 1 (Summer 2023)
  • The Marvels (28 July 2023)
  • Loki - Season 2 (Summer 2023)
  • Blade (3 November 2023)
  • Ironheart - Season 1 (Autumn 2023)
  • Agatha: Coven of Chaos (Winter 2023)
  • Captain America: New World Order (3 May 2024)
  • Daredevil: Born Again - Season 1 (Spring 2024)
  • Thunderbolts (26 July 2024)

Phase 6

• tbc (autumn 2024)
  • Fantastic Four (8 November 2024)
  • tbc (autumn 2024)
  • tbc (winter 2024)
  • tbc (winter 2024)
  • tbc (spring 2025)
  • Avengers: The Kang Dynasty (2 May 2025)
  • tbc (spring 2025)
  • tbc (summer 2025)
  • tbc (summer 2025)
  • Avengers: Secret Wars (7 November 2025)

So far confirmed(ish) but undated, so likely to fill up some of the above slots: Deadpool 3Shang-Chi 2Thor 5Spider-Man 4

Unconfirmed but likely(ish) to happen: Hawkeye Season 2, Moon Knight Season 2, Ms. Marvel Season 2, Black Panther 3Eternals 2, Black Knight project (which could be Blade, Eternals 2 or his own thing)

Remember there's the D23 thing in September, which grown big enough that Disney had been reluctant to go to Comic Con at all.

Seems like the place they would announce X-men movies, or TV shows, or at least the characters showing up in individual places.

11 hours ago, RumHam said:

I don't really get the phase thing. Other than for their internal purposes, does this matter? From Wikipedia:

Like, what? Phase two culminates in....Ant-Man? A movie largely disconnected from everything that came before? Phase four starts with a flashback movie and not the Spider-Man movie immediately following up on the events of Endgame?

Seems like the "saga" names are more useful, though still ...misleading or imprecise? Like are Black Widow or Falcon and the Winter Soldier are going to be part of the "Multiverse Saga" despite having nothing to do with the multiverse?

Phase two ended in Ant-Man because Phase 3 started with Civil War

Phase 5 starts with Ant-Man because Kang shows up.

Archived