Trailer Thread: A24 Carat Thread

HexMachina

7 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Eer Muh Gawd YES.

I have no idea what this is but I love it. 

No Mad Max :'( 

Djinn, Solomon, Tilda Swinton, George Miller... I'm in. Very curious to see the full trailer. Wonder if the woman with the proto-helicopter/aerial screw is supposed to be Hypatia.

That appears to a lively movie -- plus Idris Elba as a genie, o my.

He's demonstrating an admirable capacity for versatility as an actor -- not a one note sort

Not impressed by that trailer actually, but George Miller has earned some degree of trust for all that he has done previously. If the reviews are good I'll watch it.

16 hours ago, Zorral said:

It got a 6 minute standing ovation at Cannes.  Those who were there and reviewed it already were enthusiastic.

The festival atmosphere is not always conducive towards an honest review. Not when there is so much groupthink going on. Not to mention that George Miller's return and Tilda Swinton is probably enough for quite a few people to throw reason to the wind and give it a higher score regardless of whatever the actual quality of the output.  

Yeah, Cannes and ovations are sort of special. The new Top Gun film had 5 minutes of ovations. The Neon Demon, which I liked well enough but was definitely divisive, got 17 minutes of ovations.

2 hours ago, Ran said:

Yeah, Cannes and ovations are sort of special. The new Top Gun film had 5 minutes of ovationsThe Neon Demon, which I liked well enough but was definitely divisive, got 17 minutes of ovations.

Only five minutes? My gosh, they must hate America ;) 

EDIT: If the Neon Demon which I did not like at all got that kind of rapturous response I'll also see that as a point for scepticism. 

Archived