Trailer Thread: A24 Carat Thread

HexMachina

24 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

Also, yeah, this trailer doesn't compare at all to the Mission Impossible one that came out yesterday.

So is Mission Impossible now tied to the Dark Universe?  Some of the clips from the trailer look like they were left over desert footage from The Mummy movie.

1 hour ago, Leofric said:

So is Mission Impossible now tied to the Dark Universe?  Some of the clips from the trailer look like they were left over desert footage from The Mummy movie.

I want to see a camel chase down of running Tom Cruise.

On 5/23/2022 at 3:35 PM, Ran said:

Yeah, like I said, Cannes ovations are special. It's a huge, 2000+ person theater, and you basically get waves of ovations (or boos) in clusters and they can just sort of keep feeding one another so it just goes on and on for whatever reason. I'd love to see if someone's ever filmed one of those long ovations, start to finish, from a perspective where they can show the ripple effect of it.

I have a new life goal to witness this in person, because honestly Ran you could announce you've cured cancer and after five minutes I couldn't justify continuing to clap.

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I have a new life goal to witness this in person, because honestly Ran you could announce you've cured cancer and after five minutes I couldn't justify continuing to clap.

Seriously. Now I’m incredibly intrigued by the weird pretentiousness that is Cannes. What the fuck are those rich weirdo’s doing? 

I've looked around a bit, can't quite find a camera moving around showing how parts of the upper balcony might stop and then restart, but here's Portrait of a Lady on Fire getting 7 minutes of standing ovation (apparently it was clocked at over 10 minutes):

Great, gorgeous film, BTW. If you haven't seen it, you should correct that.

4 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Seriously. Now I’m incredibly intrigued by the weird pretentiousness that is Cannes. What the fuck are those rich weirdo’s doing? 

My guess is they're either consciously or unconsciously doing it hoping that others will do the same for their work.

9 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

It’s always been known for extremes on both ends. There’s been a lot of walkouts over the years, too. Often for the same films. 

I feel like Disney is on a roll in churning out all kinds of content. Maybe this is just me re-adjusting to the post-pandemic period.

Also, I can't recall when I last saw Willow but I wonder how it holds up in adulthood.

I had no idea Joanne Whalley was playing Sorcha again. 

I'm not a fan of the outfits they have the brownies in, they feel weirdly modern.

That aquatic critter was very cute!

Didn't give me goosebumps like the Andor trailer, but seems like it could be some light fun, embracing the Willow esthetic.

49 minutes ago, Ran said:

I had no idea Joanne Whalley was playing Sorcha again. 

That was a nice surprise. I loved her character in the original.

It's too bad Kilmer will likely not be in it too (my uninformed assumption based on his voice issues and/or relationship conflicts with ex).

But I'm glad to finally see the story of Elora continue (we don't talk about the novel sequel).

8 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I was never a Mr Bean fan and I never got the appeal of Rowan Atkinson, but I am intrigued by this. 

Have you seen Blackadder? Especially the 2nd and following series (the first is a bit rougher).

All 4 seasons of Blackadder are amazing ( I really like the first one because it's very dark, although the humour is a bit different). Atkinson is one of the worlds greatest comedic performers, I just think it's a bit of a shame that the thing that really got him noticed was Mr Bean.. which I think is my generations Benny Hill. Its a show that was famous around the world because that type of humour just translates very well globally.

But he's much much better than that, I mean his use of language and tonal inflections in Blackadder are just brilliant, look how much comedy he can get out of saying the word 'Bob'! 

Yet in Mr Bean, he doesn't speak. Sure hes a good physical performer too, but it's like half of his skillset. It's just a shame that from that point on he basically cashed in on it and used that for his paydays.. doing crap like Johnny English.

Archived