Trailer Thread: A24 Carat Thread

HexMachina

On 6/1/2022 at 3:51 AM, Heartofice said:

All 4 seasons of Blackadder are amazing ( I really like the first one because it's very dark, although the humour is a bit different). Atkinson is one of the worlds greatest comedic performers, I just think it's a bit of a shame that the thing that really got him noticed was Mr Bean.. which I think is my generations Benny Hill. Its a show that was famous around the world because that type of humour just translates very well globally.

But he's much much better than that, I mean his use of language and tonal inflections in Blackadder are just brilliant, look how much comedy he can get out of saying the word 'Bob'! 

Yet in Mr Bean, he doesn't speak. Sure hes a good physical performer too, but it's like half of his skillset. It's just a shame that from that point on he basically cashed in on it and used that for his paydays.. doing crap like Johnny English.

Mr. Bean was my first exposure to Rowan Atkinson, and it wasn't my style of comedy at all. So I was extremely dubious when I was recommended Blackadder several years ago. But seeing it was a revelation for me, he was just so damn funny, and it caused me to seek out some of his other work too. I ended up also really liking Not the Nine O'Clock News, and thought that The Thin Blue Line was decent.

A legit Forrest Gump remake, securing the remake rights in 2018 and shooting in more than 100 locations across India.  Looks like a worthy remake. My local cinemas show Bollywood movies as soon as they're available, this might be worth an opening week viewing.

4 hours ago, ithanos said:

A legit Forrest Gump remake, securing the remake rights in 2018 and shooting in more than 100 locations across India.  Looks like a worthy remake. My local cinemas show Bollywood movies as soon as they're available, this might be worth an opening week viewing.

Eric Roth, the screenwriter for Forrest Gump, is credited for this too with an "original screenplay by" credit. So they literally took the 1994 script and adapted it for the Indian context.

Marking the 500th anniversary of the Magellan-impelled voyage around the world, Boundless, in English, Sin Limites, in Spanish.  A Spanish-amazon prime production.  Supposedly going up in the US on the 24th, with subtitles, presumably.

The previous Predator movie set a really low bar. I think this will cross it, but I'm not feeling too optimistic that it will be particularly good. Thankfully, it's on Hulu, so no need for me to pay extra money to see it.

23 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

I adore The Troll Hunter (Trolljegeren) and assumed this was a direct sequel, but it isn't. The 2010 movie was such a great mix of potboiler tension and surreal whimsy. I'm not really catching the latter out of this, but I sure hope it's just as great fun.

6 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

The previous Predator movie set a really low bar. I think this will cross it, but I'm not feeling too optimistic that it will be particularly good. Thankfully, it's on Hulu, so no need for me to pay extra money to see it.

oh, that's Kerry from Legion.  Amber Midthunder.  She'll probably be great in it, at least.

Archived