Trailer Thread: A24 Carat Thread

HexMachina

7 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Can wait. Favourite musical ever. 

I've never seen the musical but listened to the soundtrack a lot. I've also seen the film far more than is probably healthy to the point where I can recite the whole thing as I'm watching. 

23 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

I've only seen Westworld S1 which I absolutely loved. I understand Season 2 went off the rails, but how was Season 3?

S2 is fine, it's just not as good as the S1. S3 has a slow start, but gets better and explores some new themes. Thing is S1 is just a much easier story to understand. I'm not sure what S4 is even going to be about, but I'm in.

12 hours ago, WarGalley said:

I've only seen Westworld S1 which I absolutely loved. I understand Season 2 went off the rails, but how was Season 3?

Each subsequent season is worse than the last imo so season 3 was the weakest of all. The plot was more straightforward and they did not make the same mistake as in season 2 where it seemed the writers were more interested in putting together a convoluted plot in an attempt to foil reddit detectives from figuring out their plot twist as they did in season 1 but there are no memorable episodes in season 3 (like Kiksuya in season 2) so season 3 is largely forgettable for me and I only vaguely recall the season. I think one of the problems of season three is that Westworld, like Jurassic Park, loses much of its magic once you leave the park.

• 2 weeks later...

Season 3 of Harley Quinn

This is DC's animated adult comedy version of the character. Seasons 1 and 2 are some of the funniest TV I've seen in years (except the pilot episode, which didn't have the tone right yet) and I don't care about DC comics at all.

11 hours ago, Fez said:

Season 3 of Harley Quinn

This is DC's animated adult comedy version of the character. Seasons 1 and 2 are some of the funniest TV I've seen in years (except the pilot episode, which didn't have the tone right yet) and I don't care about DC comics at all.

Finally, a release date. It seems like we have been waiting forever for that! :D 

On 6/16/2022 at 4:08 PM, BigFatCoward said:

Can wait. Favourite musical ever. 

Can't see the trailer in Sweden, not even the title. What is it?

@Argonath Diver

It does look fun, but it also looks like someone said, "Hey... Knives Out as directed by Wes Anderson, but cheaper!" Adrien Brody is an Anderson regular, and Saoirse Ronan was in The French Dispatch, too

Google tells me a lot of other people had the same reaction. Heh.

Really good cast, though.

It certainly seems a bit derivative, but I'm an absolute sucker for plucky Whodunits. I even got my mom to watch Kiss Kiss Bang Bang the other day! I'm quite sad at how dull Death on the Nile was, however I wasnt even impressed much by its trailer. Ronan and Rockwell are absurdly charming actors and while this may not win awards, it looks to be a lark.

1 minute ago, BigFatCoward said:

Matilda. Film version of the west end musical. 

Oh, yeah, I saw the trailer somewhere for it. The trailer looked interesting. Kerry Ingram (Shireen Baratheon) was the first Matilda in the West End production, so I vaguely recall seeing some clips from the performance when she was cast.

On See How They Run, I get the Wes Anderson comparisons but to me it also feels strongly like they wanted Edgar Wright but couldn't. 

Quite clearly trying to jump on the Knives Out coat-tails though. 

None of which means I think it'll be bad, necessarily...

Archived