Trailer Thread: A24 Carat Thread

HexMachina

4 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Looking pretty good.

I find it interesting that no other streaming service has been able to compete with HBO yet on sheer production values for fantasy. The writing and acting will determine if this is actually a good show. But from the trailer this just looks good in a way that Amazon or Netflix fantasy shows never do IMO.

13 minutes ago, Fez said:

I find it interesting that no other streaming service has been able to compete with HBO yet on sheer production values for fantasy. The writing and acting will determine if this is actually a good show. But from the trailer this just looks good in a way that Amazon or Netflix fantasy shows never do IMO.

Or Disney for that matter. I don't think I'm the only one to say some of the recent SW and Marvel content had some visuals that were below par.

I don't know about Amazon but Netflix is getting better at this IMO. They need to focus more on quality than quantity and I believe that shift is happening.  Don't Look Up was probably more VFX heavy than you'd think and the visuals were pretty solid. Same for Outside The Wire; not a great film but some pretty impressive production values. Not to mention Love Death Robots and Arcane. Squid Game looks a bit low-fi but it works perfectly for that show. 

3 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

Dumb question: are there two actresses playing the same character in HoD?

If so why? Alcock is only 8 years younger than D'Arcy

For both Alicent and Rhaenyra, yes, there are younger versions. The reason is that the show is going to cover a decade and a half in the first year, and these actresses aren't really going to pull that off. In theory they could have D'Arcy and Cooke play their younger selves too, but it wouldn't be very convincing.

3 hours ago, Fez said:

That's what I was thinking too, when watching and comparing.

19 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Looking pretty good.

That's an understatement. I dropped out of GoT after season 5 and yet seeing this, I'm actually casually optimistic about this series.

So, this is a thing...

Pine slumming it is like when Irons did it with the previous attempt to make a cinematic D&D film.

The only joke that landed with me was the tag at the end.

2 hours ago, Ran said:

So, this is a thing...

Pine slumming it is like when Irons did it with the previous attempt to make a cinematic D&D film.

At least it seems they're embracing the silliness in this one.

Gotta say I like that D&D trailer. Whether it'll come together into a good film remains, of course, to be seen, but there is an objective difference in the quality on display between that and the Jeremy Irons effort (probably because they hired directors who know what they're doing). 

14 hours ago, Ran said:

So, this is a thing...

It looks likes the Your Highness sequel I always wanted but never got 

On 7/21/2022 at 1:26 AM, Fez said:

It does look good and I echo your question: Why is Amazon so god damn awful at it?

Archived