Trailer Thread: A24 Carat Thread

HexMachina

¡García! (or García!) is an upcoming Spanish television series based on the graphic novel by Santiago García and Luis Bustos. Created by Sara Antuña and Carlos de Pando for HBO Max, it stars Francisco Ortiz and Veki Velilla

Set in a version of current-day Spain at the verge of societal collapse, the fiction follows Antonia, a reporter who accidentally unravels a decades-old plot concerning a super-agent created in the 1950s by the Francoist secret services, García, who was subsequently cryogenized. The latter, defrosted by Antonia, finds himself disoriented and confused in current-day Spain.

On 10/7/2022 at 4:23 PM, Corvinus85 said:

Looking forward to His Dark Materials. I guess I'll keep my HBO Max subscription.

I'm very behind on/not watching much TV so I saw the trailer for the first time today and I'm so excited with how it looks

Did not love that trailer compared to the last one. This one's for the kids, I guess, with its rapid cutting and modern music. More worryingly, dialog and deliveries were feeling very CW-ish (except for Joanne Whalley) with a very "modern" feel that doesn't remind me at all of the original film. (Which was not great shakes in terms of being great writing, but still, there was a certain "feel" to it).

Archived