Trailer Thread: A24 Carat Thread

"Amidst Guinea-Bissau’s coup d’état of 2003, Bangui’s Hyenas, an elite trio of mercenaries, skillfully extract a drug dealer and his bricks — both gold and narcotic — from the chaos and make tracks for Dakar, Senegal. But when their escape plan is unexpectedly waylaid, the Hyenas find themselves and their bounty stranded in the Sine-Saloum Delta, a coastal river realm speckled with insulated island communities and steeped in myth and mystery. Believing they can keep a low profile at a nearby holiday encampment, they attempt to blend in with all of the tourists but are soon at risk of exposure with the arrival of both a suspicious police captain and an enigmatic Signing deaf woman who harbours secrets of her own."

Coming to Shudder in September.

9 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

First Tamil film in IMAX

This really is an IMAX film!

I've read the production company has prepared 5 different language versions.  Will English be one of them?

We'd have Tamil, of course, Maylamam -- and Hindi? Marathi? Bengali? Assamese?

5 hours ago, Zorral said:

Marathi? Bengali? Assamese?

The earlier three plus Telugu and Kannada

Aryans don't go to Dravidian movies much lol

5 hours ago, Zorral said:

Will English be one of them?

No dub sorry, best way to watch is the original language with subs. Like anime

Edit

And its Malayalam, not whatever you said, FTFY , only palindrome language name AFAIK

Edited by TheLastWolf

2 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Bill Nighy stars, with a screenplay written by Kazuo Ishiguro, based on the 1952 film Ikiru. I thought I had seen most of Akira Kurusawa's works, but I haven't seen Ikiri - will have check that out first, before this remake comes along. 

2 hours ago, ithanos said:

Bill Nighy stars, with a screenplay written by Kazuo Ishiguro, based on the 1952 film Ikiru. I thought I had seen most of Akira Kurusawa's works, but I haven't seen Ikiri - will have check that out first, before this remake comes along. 

You absolutely must watch Ikiru. Living looks like a nice and accessible remake, with a fine actor, but I doubt it will top the original.