Who was Where during Robert's Rebellion?

EggBlue

there are individuals whose whereabouts we are unaware of during the rebellion .

obviously , the most prominent of these characters are Rhaegar and Lyanna . but the general consensus is that they were chilling in their tower . so , never mind them .

how about the rest, though? where do you think these characters were?

Oberyn Martell : we can be sure he wasn't at the Trident with Martell forces or in Kingslanding with his sister . princes of Dorne , save for Mors, as a rule, seem to stay behind in times of war and command ,as Doran does . but considering Red Viper's personality , it is a bit odd that he did not go to war or to his sister , at the very least. we know where he was after and before the rebellion , though : Dorne and Harrenhal . so where was he during? 

Richard Lonmouth : he is the only one of Rhaegar's close companions we do not hear at all during or after rebellion . one might think he might not be of great importance anyway , which might be the case . but isn't it odd that we have Lonmouth words when there are only two of them in the entire series , one of whom of not importance? where was he? which side did he even fight on? and where was he after?

Ashara Dayne: we know where she was before and after the rebellion . and according to Martin we should know they have horses in Dorne . so where was she?

Maester Walys: we know that he wasn't in Winterfell right after the rebellion . what happened to him? he was but a young man and you don't just dismiss a maester , especially one with Walys's ties . 

I care; I just don't have any answers for you.  :^)

It's a weekday; maybe everyone is busy. The forum does seem to be more active on weekends.  And you asked some pretty tough questions.  

16 hours ago, EggBlue said:

Oberyn Martell : we can be sure he wasn't at the Trident with Martell forces or in Kingslanding with his sister . princes of Dorne , save for Mors, as a rule, seem to stay behind in times of war and command ,as Doran does . but considering Red Viper's personality , it is a bit odd that he did not go to war or to his sister , at the very least. we know where he was after and before the rebellion , though : Dorne and Harrenhal . so where was he during? 

I can't remember what he was doing at Harrenhal, but as for where he was during the rebellion, I imagine that it would have to be somewhere in Essos. The only way he wasn't involved with the Rebellion in any way was if he was too far away to get involved, or even too far away to know what was happening until it was too late. 

19 hours ago, EggBlue said:

Maester Walys: we know that he wasn't in Winterfell right after the rebellion . what happened to him? he was but a young man and you don't just dismiss a maester , especially one with Walys's ties . 

Anything could have happened to him, honestly. He was a southron maester living in the North. He could have died of a chill, of sickness, or slipped on icy steps and broken his neck.

Plenty of people die by accident, after all, even in GRRM's universe.

@EggBlue

We don't know where any of those four were during the Robellion. Period.

Vagueness: Walys might have been at Winterfell or not (he may have traveled with Rickard or not, we don't know).

As for Richard Lomouth, look for Lonmouth = Lem Lemoncloak theories; those are the only things based on text that references Richard that are of any merit.

Oberyn Martell:

I think he was kept back in Dorne during the Rebellion. His last known movement before the rebellion was his presence at they tourney of Harrenhal. So either he went back home or he went to Dragonstone. Elia was pregnant and gave birth something like 2-3 months after the tourney.

He wasn't the one led the Dornish host to the Trident, which doesn't mean that he wasn't part of it, but the Dornish host is also mentioned when we're give exposition about Lyn Corbray breaking that flank and killing Prince Lewyn. Plus we know for sure that Oberyn was in Dorne after the Sack of King's Landing since he tried to rouse Dorne for Viserys. And there are some really interesting things going on with him and Sarella in that she seems to know a thing or two about that prophecy.

Richard Lonmouth:

I know the speculation that he is Lem Lemoncloak has reached canon status in the fandom, which is entirely possible. But that means that Lem may never have gone back home. He would have settled in the riverlands where he got married, had a daughter and maybe he did that because he fought on Rhaegar's side and simply couldn't return home after Rhaegar's death. We know that both his wife and child were killed during the War of the Five Kings. The flip side of that is that the A World of Ice and Fire App states that Lem was in King's Landing during the tourney of the Hand and left with Beric and Thoros for the Mummer's Ford. So things don't really fit for me. It's possible that Richard Lonmouth has just been home since the end of Robert's Rebellion. I sort of always wondered if he wasn't also at the ToJ and one of those "they" who had found Ned holding his Lyanna's hand after she died. 

Ashara Dayne -- She's dead. 

Maester Walys:

I think he's well and alive and simply moved on from Winterfell after the rebellion. I'm pretty convinced that he will appear in Oldtown in TWoW. He's either a maester at the Citadel or a maester at the Hightower. And I'm more inclined to think that he is at the Hightower. 

https://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/Various_questions_concerning_Tywin_Oberyn_Gregor_the_North_and_Sansa

Where was Oberyn Martell during the rebellion?

Good question. Offhand, I don't recall the answer. Maybe in Dorne, maybe across the narrow sea with a sellsword company. I'd have to check my notes to be certain.

My thought about Maester Walys was that Barbrey had him murdered to take revenge for Brandon's betrothal to Catelyn (which she thinks was Walys' idea).

Now my big question about whereabouts during Robert's Rebellion is Tywin Lannister. We know he and the Westerlands rode from Casterly Rock to King's Landing... from the opposite side of the continent since Casterly Rock sits overlooking the west coast and King's Landing is at the end of a bay on the east coast. And somehow he reached King's Landing quicker than Ned, who was already halfway there (Woo-oo, living on a prayer).

On 5/20/2022 at 12:48 AM, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Ashara was mobile.  She could have been in King's Landing when Brandon and his goons rode in to threaten the ruling family.  That she and the latter had sex before Lyanna was abducted or ran away (to avoid Robert) is possible. 

Ashara Dayne was in Dorne pregnant with Ned's child .

Archived