What superpower would you want that can't be the strength to move planets or whatever

MeanMrMustard

It would be pretty cool to be able to walk into a bar in, say, the East Village and see some friend you haven't seen in years sitting in front of the fireplace at will. 

Still doing the teaching thing. Switched schools this year for a change of pace and a chance to learn a different curriculum. It's been super draining, as a former teaching mentor warned me the first year at a new school would always be, but it's also been rewarding.  

I would love to imagine a world in which I can give direction and the crew would take me seriously and not presume that I don't know what I am talking about...because I have ovaries.

Maybe I don't get it, maybe they don't get it--when I say "use these two road cases full of lights to place a light at each location I have indicated" and they do exactly not that...

Today the biggest superpower in the world seems like the ability to make men believe that I know what I am talking about.

Excluding Wolverine's healing factor, which renders all other choices irrelevant, I would at this moment pick the ability to translate any language like Cypher...I think...and that includes computer languages and extraterrestrial languages and body language to an extent...all of the languages!

I am not sure if this includes the 'language of the universe', mathematics, but if so I'll take it. Cypher is superhumanly competent at code breaking which is close to his abilities with computers, so math isn't too much of a stretch.

Spoiler

I'm only choosing this because condiment fingers was already taken.

On 5/25/2022 at 5:26 AM, A True Kaniggit said:

I would fly. 

Yep, eminently practical solution to a lot of day to day inconveniences to a normal life.

To a lot of people it may not seem like a super power, but it is to me. I would like the be able to speed read with a high level of comprehension. I am a very slow reader and I feel like some aspects of my life and leisure would have gone so much better if my reading speed was a lot greater. I have tried various techniques to speed read but comprehension is too low for it to be of any benefit.

On 5/24/2022 at 4:38 AM, Inkdaub said:

I am not sure if this includes the 'language of the universe', mathematics, but if so I'll take it.

Scientist on NPR was saying the language of the universe is actually chemistry as opposed to mathematics.

I am not intelligent enough to tell you her explanation, but it was very convincing.:lol:

Archived